Aaron Glenn Losing a Step??

sago1

Reaction score
Know one day's TC does not make a season, but in one article reporter states it looked like Glenn had lost a step. Glenn did have trouble in coverage and supposed was clearly frustrated. Glenn (34) is in 2nd year of 2 year contract.

This could be nothing more then first day adjustment and he'll be fine but if he doesn't improve we might have a problem as he's our valuable #3 CB. We'd be left with Reeves (would he be good replacement for Glenn?), Nate Jones (in 3rd season/must show enough to keep) and I'm not sure at all about Coleman (32), supposedly cut cause he had poor coverage skills last 2 season but don't know how much alcohol /dissing management factors in. So here's a possible unexpected position weakness we need keep an eye on.

rgcowboys

Reaction score
Lets say he did lose a step. I have feeling that Reeves could step up to 2nd string this year. Reeves is my sleeper in that secondary this year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sago1 said:
Know one day's TC does not make a season, but in one article reporter states it looked like Glenn had lost a step. Glenn did have trouble in coverage and supposed was clearly frustrated.
I would question which receiver Glenn was covering when it appeared that he 'lost a step'. If it seemed like he lost a step covering Owens early in training camp, I wouldn't worry about it. Owens is a premier wide receiver who will often make the best corners look bad. It was also reported that Newman got burned by him.

Now, if Glenn was observed struggling to keep up with Terrance Copper, then we have MAJOR concerns.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I would question which receiver Glenn was covering when it appeared that he 'lost a step'. If it seemed like he lost a step covering Owens early in training camp, I wouldn't worry about it. Owens is a premier wide receiver who will often make the best corners look bad. It was also reported that Newman got burned by him.

Now, if Glenn was observed struggling to keep up with Terrance Copper, then we have MAJOR concerns.

Very well said!!!! :hammer:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A nice "Knee-jerK" thread to start the season...

And Sago1 started it...

Why am I not surprised?

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
If Glenn is getting burned like Elvis Patterson in game 4 of the pre-season, then I will worry. As Long as Newman and Henry are healthy Glenn will be the nickel back, so that dos not worry me. If he has to start on an every week basis, then it could be a long season as his age and possibility for getting nagging injuries will catch him at some point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
As you get older you aren't going to be full speed from day 1 of camp. He'll need a few weeks to get it going. This is really nothing to be concerned about.