Aaron Glenn... most underrated/underappreciated

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Talk about a guy who doesnt get the love he deserves from the media or us. Lost in the world of Romo, Newman and the Wares of this team, here is a guy that seems to always be in a spot making a big play or tackle when it counts.

He's the kind of "role" player that you find on championship teams.

He made the tackle on Tiki on the screen pass late in the 4th after everyone else on the team missed him. He also jumped the slant on Burress in the endzone in the 4th (anyone think Henry would have done that?) and almost came away with a pick. He also defended Burress who seems twice his size on a fade earlier in the game.

The guy doesnt get enough recognition IMO. He's definately a piece of this puzzle. Talk about a guy earning his paycheck, you gotta love him!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I agree he is playing as well as anyone on the defense right now. He has really stepped it up. Teams almost play into Dallas' hands when they go 3 wide. Teams like the Giants with quality TEs seem to give Dallas more matchup issues then teams 3 deep at WR.

ghst187

Reaction score
TOTALLY agree!
Glenn is the biggest playmaker that we have at CB. Sadly, he is the only guy that makes a play on the ball.
Newman blankets his man, Henry is hit or miss...Glenn is the steady professional that anticipates and goes for the ball, and he isn't intimidated or pushed around by WRs that are 6-8 inches and 40 pounds bigger than him.

We will absolutely have to replace Glenn at some point in the future.
I am a proponent of drafting a guy like Aaron Ross to replace Glenn OR to eventually replace Henry who will be moved to FS.
Be nice if Reeves steps up to be as big a playmaker as Glenn.
Glenn has proven the requirement of a team to have 3 starting caliber CBs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CaptainMorgan;1210295 said:
Talk about a guy who doesnt get the love he deserves from the media or us. Lost in the world of Romo, Newman and the Wares of this team, here is a guy that seems to always be in a spot making a big play or tackle when it counts.

He's the kind of "role" player that you find on championship teams.

He made the tackle on Tiki on the screen pass late in the 4th after everyone else on the team missed him. He also jumped the slant on Burress in the endzone in the 4th (anyone think Henry would have done that?) and almost came away with a pick. He also defended Burress who seems twice his size on a fade earlier in the game.

The guy doesnt get enough recognition IMO. He's definately a piece of this puzzle. Talk about a guy earning his paycheck, you gotta love him!

I agree I love having Glenn in the secondary he fills a big role for the team and is very good insurance for us should Newman or Henry get injured.

sago1

Reaction score
Love Aaron Glenn and relieved we've signed him to a 2 year (?) extension. Of course if he were about 5" taller, he'd be a pro bowler and probably a shut down corner. We haven't heard much of Reeves this year because none of our starting CBs have missed any time--knock on wood. Earlier in preseason there was some reporting Reeves could take playing time away from Glenn because of his improved play in 05 but that hasn't happen. I assume it's because Reeves at this point can't crack the starting 3 but do wonder if he has the talent to do so if needed or if drafting a CB on the first day will be necessary. Don't know if Nate Jones being kept around cause he has some CB talent or just a good ST player. But I think using a draft pitch might be a viable option if any consideration is given to moving Henry to FS to solve that problem area--unless Watkins can step it up cause Keith Davis play makes me shudder.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
He plays one hell of a game...great cover guy.

Nice addition to the team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I said last week and I will say it again this week. We should start the game with Henry playing FS and Glenn starting at CB. We need to stop letting teams drive down the field on their first possession. It is beginning to become a habit.

We need pressure right off the bat and with Glenn and Newman at the CB with Henry playing deep, I think you can afford to do that early.

We seem to settle down a good bit after that, but there is no reason not to play it that way IMO.