About last week and the vets having that extra day off

Smith22

Reaction score
Seemed to work IMO. The team looked fresh and ready to go. The OL performed well for the most part. Choice had a great game going for over 150 yards. Just saying.... I know it was a big topic last week.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I also noticed a lack of offensive execution....but I digress.

Smith22

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2473045 said:
I also noticed a lack of offensive execution....but I digress.
From our QB, who didn't have an extra day off.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Smith22;2473052 said:
From our QB, who didn't have an extra day off.

But some of his lineman and receivers did.
On the flipside, Hines Ward was also given a day off....who might have caught exactly one pass.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to admit that I was one who criticized that approach but it seemed like the team was well-prepared and motivated and the players who were rested seemd to play well for the most part. (other than Ellis, who's only contributions lately seem to be ill-timed penalties)

So overall, I think Wade's approach was the correct one and I was wrong.

It certainly wasn't a factor in why the team lost.

Smith22

Reaction score
stasheroo;2473074 said:

Exactly. I wonder if any of the "journalists" will even touch this topic now. They were all over it last week.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Smith22;2473023 said:
Seemed to work IMO. The team looked fresh and ready to go. The OL performed well for the most part. Choice had a great game going for over 150 yards. Just saying.... I know it was a big topic last week.

lol yeah. We did not have any problems getting the right defensive packages on the field or the right players in the right position. We did not have any problem with QBs and recievers being on the same page. Our QB did not look like he hadn't had enough practice with out a splint on...yeah brilliant idea giving days off :rolleyes:. Not sure what game you guys were watching.

Smith22

Reaction score
utrunner07;2473289 said:
lol yeah. We did not have any problems getting the right defensive packages on the field or the right players in the right position. We did not have any problem with QBs and recievers being on the same page. Our QB did not look like he hadn't had enough practice with out a splint on...yeah brilliant idea giving days off :rolleyes:.

and how many of those were the vets we gave off?

Owens? Colombo? Adams? Ellis (1 offsides)? Name them. I don't think any of them were playing QB yesterday.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Smith22;2473296 said:
and how many of those were the vets we gave off?

Owens? Colombo? Adams? Ellis (1 offsides)? Name them. I don't think any of them were playing QB yesterday.

well would have been nice to have witten running the right routes there at the end. i find it hard to understand how you can have a legit practice while missing some key members of your team. so maybe if we had practiced with the vets we could have gotten 11 men on the field instead of 12. for all ball new there was only 11 on the field probably because one of the extra was a vet who had not been practicing.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
stasheroo;2473074 said:
I have to admit that I was one who criticized that approach but it seemed like the team was well-prepared and motivated and the players who were rested seemd to play well for the most part. (other than Ellis, who's only contributions lately seem to be ill-timed penalties)

Ya know, openly admitting to being wrong about something is gonna end up getting you banned from this site. You're messing with the way we do things here.

;)

Smith22

Reaction score
utrunner07;2473306 said:
well would have been nice to have witten running the right routes there at the end. i find it hard to understand how you can have a legit practice while missing some key members of your team. so maybe if we had practiced with the vets we could have gotten 11 men on the field instead of 12. for all ball new there was only 11 on the field probably because one of the extra was a vet who had not been practicing.

You think all of our guys limping off injured during the game may have had something to do with the defense having 12 on the field?

Witten said after the game that he slipped (INT play). He didn't say he ran the wrong route.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Smith22;2473315 said:
You think all of our guys limping off injured during the game may have had something to do with the defense having 12 on the field?

Witten said after the game that he slipped (INT play). He didn't say he ran the wrong route.

no i dont think that had anything to do with it what so ever.

So did witten slip on the 4 and 10 play as well?

Smith22

Reaction score
utrunner07;2473322 said:
So did witten slip on the 4 and 10 play as well?

I have no idea what route he was suppose to run. I do know Crayton was open right next to him and like 3 Steelers followed TO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2473307 said:
Ya know, openly admitting to being wrong about something is gonna end up getting you banned from this site. You're messing with the way we do things here.

;)

Sorry.

Forget I said anything.

I'm always right!

(except when I think I'm wrong...)