Accident waiting to happen

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Though Brett Favre said he felt "a bit woozy" after taking a hit to the head in Week 10, he is not listed on the Packers initial injury report.

Favre stayed on the ground for a short time after a he was hit by Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze. RT Mark Tauscher (sprained ankle) and DE Cullen Jenkins (bruised knee) are expected to miss some practice time this week.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Hopefully tyhe guy is ready to go against us in weekk 12, i want no excuses when we shut down the old guy

cowboy625

Reaction score
Gryphon;1764953 said:
Though Brett Favre said he felt "a bit woozy" after taking a hit to the head in Week 10, he is not listed on the Packers initial injury report.

Favre stayed on the ground for a short time after a he was hit by Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze. RT Mark Tauscher (sprained ankle) and DE Cullen Jenkins (bruised knee) are expected to miss some practice time this week.

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Concussions are truly a sad part of the game.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Favre's 200 or whatever it is consecutive start streak to me, is the most impressive sports record of them all.

Cal Ripkens got nothing on him. It is an unthinkable accomplishment in my eyes.

adamknite

Reaction score
CowboyWay;1764987 said:
Favre's 200 or whatever it is consecutive start streak to me, is the most impressive sports record of them all.

I don't know about the most impressive.... just because I don't know. But is it better then Cal Ripkens... IMO, yes.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1764987 said:

Of course , You don't take Punishment in baseball, unlike the NFL

kmd24

Reaction score
T.O81;1765041 said:
Of course , You don't take Punishment in baseball, unlike the NFL

Yeah, but you play about every other day. A minor injury could break a streak, but in football you have a little more time to get over the bumps and bruises.

Favre is a tough SOB, no doubt, but with respect to the impressiveness of streaks, I think Bruce Matthews has everyone beat. It's hard to get an OL to make it through 16 games, let alone 229.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
kmd24;1765492 said:
Yeah, but you play about every other day. A minor injury could break a streak, but in football you have a little more time to get over the bumps and bruises.

Favre is a tough SOB, no doubt, but with respect to the impressiveness of streaks, I think Bruce Matthews has everyone beat. It's hard to get an OL to make it through 16 games, let alone 229.

I agree about matthews.. it is far more impressive than Favre's. Nothing against Brett, he is having a great season and has had a career no one could have expected coming out of Southern Miss.. and he is one tough guy. But QB's do not get hit every play they are on the field.. lineman do.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1764987 said:

I gotta agree with you CW. I can't even fathom what pains he has endured to get out there and play. Truly a remarkable accomplishment.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1764987 said:

I agree. Some say well, he only plays 16-19games/year. Yeah, but Cal never took the kind of beatings that Favre has taken. Playing injured A LOT, week-in and week-out, hot weather, cold weather, Lambeau weather hehe

But, like Ripken, he's never been one to whine/complain about things/his team/etc. In that regard, they're equally both complete class acts

burmafrd

Reaction score
Matthews is much more impressive. 229 games - a GUARD- who has to hit and gets hit on EVERY OFFENSIVE PLAY. 40-60 plays a game.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
hey hey, this is Favre we're talking about...not Rush Limbaugh

no wait, you're right Rush prefered the oxycoton