According to Jerry

The Realist

Reaction score
We could be looking at TE and a "big body" prototype NT with a low draft choice trade or cut.

I say Gary Walker signed possibly after first week so we don't have to guarantee him for the whole season.

TE?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Gary Walker is not a big NT type. He is a 3-4 end, 4-3 tackle. He also looks to be done.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
why would we need a TE? Witten, Fasano, Hannam, Curtis all seem to be good to me.. Polite could play a role in that too.. we just dealt Sean Ryan.. weird.. i doubt we go for a TE..

The Realist

Reaction score
Curtis is mediocre at best and appears to be a year away.

Leaves Hannam and Polite as our depth.

Scary thought.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The Realist said:

Scary thought.
"mediocre at best" is about as good as it gets when you are talking about your 4th TE.. come on, you are The Realist, you should know this!! :D

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Well the Jets traded next to nothing for a young horse up the middle just the other day. C.J. Mosley, cant be that hard to find a good Nose Tackle.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Haven't seen any NT types on the waiver wire yet, but two TEs have hit the market that interest me a little-- Chris Luzar, a 6-7 vet from the University of Virginia, and Alex Holmes, a 2nd year player from USC... Holmes looks like a pure blocking TE, he's 6-2, 270-275...

The Realist

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
"mediocre at best" is about as good as it gets when you are talking about your 4th TE.. come on, you are The Realist, you should know this!! :D

Graham 1, Watson 1, Thomas 3, Mills 3.

Pats TE's.

I'd be willing to bet BP is looking for a contingency in case Witten goes down.

Said that when looking at Michael Riks a few years back and liked Cooley a lot in draft in the Rogers/Peterman debacle.

Curtis and Singleton for Zach Hilton.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Here are some NT names that are near the bottom of the depth chart. Mainly young guys.....I'd expect Dallas to look for a vet.

Tommy Jackson - Rookie out of Auburn....personally I think he makes the Falcons roster.

Babatunde Oshinowo - Apparently, he is running fourth on the Cleveland depth chart. Could be cut.

Remi Ayodele - Might as well bring in Akin's brother.

Brandon McKinney, Alvin Smith - SD, stuck behind Jamal Williams

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The Realist said:

Scary thought.

Because of course our backups arent Gonzalez and Gates. Sorry Hannam is a very good backup and Curtis seemed to be coming on as well as Polite who brings an entirely different set of skills to the game.

Really you and X-Dawg need to go and get a room.

The Realist

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Because of course our backups arent Gonzalez and Gates. Sorry Hannam is a very good backup and Curtis seemed to be coming on as well as Polite who brings an entirely different set of skills to the game.

Really you and X-Dawg need to go and get a room.

Thank you Mrs. Curtis.

Please close your legs.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Realist said:
We could be looking at TE and a "big body" prototype NT with a low draft choice trade or cut.

I say Gary Walker signed possibly after first week so we don't have to guarantee him for the whole season.

TE?

GW sucks and is a 3-4 end.

The Realist

Reaction score
Steelers | C. Davis released from team
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:56:52 -0700

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers TE Charles Davis has been released from the team.

Was waiting for this guy to get whacked.

We had an interest pre-draft.

Steelers 5th rounder.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
junk said:
Here are some NT names that are near the bottom of the depth chart. Mainly young guys.....I'd expect Dallas to look for a vet

Babatunde Oshinowo - Apparently, he is running fourth on the Cleveland depth chart. Could be cut.
I was hoping we'd draft this guy who went right before Stanley wa picked. I guess it goes to show what I know about space eating DT's. If he's 4th on Clevelands depth chart, he could probably be good practice squad fodder for us, even though our DT's are pretty thin.