Adam Jones

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I read an article stating that Adam Jones would probably be banned from the league if he is involved in another off the field incident.

Will he be banned if he messes up at any time during his career or just for the 2008 season?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a great question that never really got addressed. I'd take a guess and say career. Goodell has to be getting tired of Pacman is just about done with him one would guess. Either way, the Cowboys need to make plans for adding another CB next off season to take his roster space. I don't trust him at all and think it would be crazy to count on him in the future.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2439888 said:
I read an article stating that Adam Jones would probably be banned from the league if he is involved in another off the field incident.

Will he be banned if he messes up at any time during his career or just for the 2008 season?

Chances are neither, he had a last chance that is not a last chance so what makes anyone think another screw up will somehow be his real last chance? To get to the question it will go beyond 2008 season.

sbark

Reaction score
I think he needs to start attending the same church as Goodall in order to avoid a career sentence:rolleyes:

Problem is Mr. Jones works on Sundays.......travel would be tough.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sbark;2439912 said:
I think he needs to start attending the same church as Goodall in order to avoid a career sentence:rolleyes:

Problem is Mr. Jones works on Sundays.......travel would be tough.....

I think Pacman may want to look at his own life style and habits. It all begins and ends with Pacman.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Let's just get though 2008 with Pacman, I'll think we'll need him down the road this year and then cut ties with him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't know that it will be his entire career. At such a young age I'd imagine that if he's able to go a significant amount of time without another issue, let's say 3 or 4 seasons, and something happens he'd likely not be banned then.

His best bet, however, is to simply not chance it and start thinking a little more clearly, and making smarter decisions, so that he doesn't put himself into any positions to get himself into a situation where he might lose his NFL career.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
I like the guy unlike many and I happen to believe he will be an elite DB if he stays in the league but the guy isn't very smart and just makes dumb decisions on a regular basis. He is being offered a lifetime opportunity to be a superstar athlete multi-millionaire yet he constantly takes chances.... if he screws up again he gets what he deserves.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2439907 said:
Chances are neither, he had a last chance that is not a last chance so what makes anyone think another screw up will somehow be his real last chance? To get to the question it will go beyond 2008 season.

Seeing how he got 6 games for a small incident shows that Goodell is not messing around.

I would almost guarantee that this would be his last chance.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2439965 said:
Seeing how he got 6 games for a small incident shows that Goodell is not messing around.

I would almost guarantee that this would be his last chance.

He entered this season with his last chance, 5 weeks later he has problems and that is with a 24/7 bodyguard to help him stay out of trouble. I don't think the guy has learned jack. I expect things to be quite for a while but I'm to the point that I just do not believe the man can stay out of trouble there is nothing in his background that would prove otherwise. For his sake I hope he can but I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt