Adam Schefter on Shemon and J-Dub

superpunk

Reaction score
Thoughts on Garrett

Thought it was a good move by Dallas.

Shemon asked him if what he thought about an assistant making more than a HC, and what the effect would be around the league?

Schefter asked "Why does it matter?" Essentially, what's the big deal? The market set the value for what Jason Garrett is worth, and that's what Jerry paid. Said "I like Wade, he's one of my favorite people, but what has he done to deserve a raise?"

Shemon responded that there could be problems in the chain of command, with an assistant out-earning the HC.

Schefter and J-Dub both said that was ridiculous. J-Dub said more about it, and I'd tend to respect his opinion as a former player.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we'll see plenty of stories about possible problems in Dallas - it makes for good 'tabloid journalism'. Regardless of the fact of if it is or isn't true.

They always did it when Parcells and Jones were working together and the 'conspiracy theories' never came true then either.

Given the two individuals involved, I don't see it being a problem.

I see a breakdown of authority as follows:

Garrett's the coach in charge of all things offense and Wade's the coach in charge of all things defense and otherwise.

And I think that 'arrangement' happens a lot more in the NFL than people think.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
They'll be talking about it till we win some games next year, then it'll be on to something else that will be our doom.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, I would not have a problem with making 3 million........don't care what the others make.....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1912971 said:
Craig Shemon and James "I shoulda been Super Bowl MVP" Washington.
Oh ok, thanks. I was trying to figure out whether it was a typo or not.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Shemon and Washington are on FSR (FOX Sports Radio). They come on after Steve Czaban if I remember correctly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1912956 said:
Shemon asked him if what he thought about an assistant making more than a HC, and what the effect would be around the league?
Too bad that is inaccurite information.