Adam Schefter reporting that Dielman could get Hutchinson money

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
could be getting a fatter contract than Steve Hutchison and the early favorites are the Seahawks. If this is true, we can take him off our list because Jerry will not pay that type of money for RG. He said he will match or even succeed Hutchison contract.

sjordan6

Reaction score
Mioght as well get ready for Justin Blalock (probably trade down to get extra picks and still get him) or get Proctor ready. I know JJ will not pay Hutchinson type money for a guard who hasnt been to the Pro Bowl.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This seems very doubtful. He's not even the consensus top guard in free agency.

sjordan6

Reaction score
theogt;1388678 said:
This seems very doubtful. He's not even the consensus top guard in free agency.

You dont have to be the top prospect in this market. There are a number of team that need him and as a FA teams are willing to pay what the market predict.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sjordan6;1388688 said:
You dont have to be the top prospect in this market. There are a number of team that need him and as a FA teams are willing to pay what the market predict.
There's no way he's getting a $7 million/year contract. He'll probably get something along the lines of what Gurode received, but probably a little higher.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
With all the extra money in the salary cap teams are overpoaying for talent. He would be a great pickup but not for that type of money. Looks like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman, Sears or Ramirez will be a Cowboy .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's the case, I would cross him off the "wish list".

It wouldn't shock me, considering how many teams have big cap money to spend.

I think it's a great time to be an NFL free agent.

:jackpot:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Goldenrichards83;1388692 said:
With all the extra money in the salary cap teams are overpoaying for talent. He would be a great pickup but not for that type of money. Looks like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman, Sears or Ramirez will be a Cowboy .

That would be my choice out of those.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
stasheroo;1388694 said:
If that's the case, I would cross him off the "wish list".

It wouldn't shock me, considering how many teams have big cap money to spend.

I think it's a great time to be an NFL free agent.

:jackpot:

I agree, its like the lottery if you are considered one of the best guys out there. Teams are rushing to sign these guys.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
With how the cap is projected to increase and a weak free agent class, every decent player is going to get what was previously thought of as insane money.

I can honestly see a few problems cropping up on almost every team when the new signee's contract dwarfs that of the guy he lines up next to who's a better player.

Imagine how a perrenial pro bowler's going to react when scrubs are cashing bigger checks than they are.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is what happens when the cap has a balloon year. Is he worth Hutchinson type money? Of course not. No NFL team would tell you he is either. Can he demand it and possibly get it? Yeah, he can.

I rate Steinbach ahead of him. I wonder what he will seek?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't see it. Teams may need gaurds but how many teams are a guard from the Superbowl?

He will get a lot but I don't see it getting near Hutchinson.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How bad would the Seahawks look for letting Hutchinson go, then a year later paying someone a lot less talented the same money they could of signed Hutchinson for? Pretty odd!

carphalen5150

Reaction score
I know Leonard Davis has a mixed view on the board, but my hope is that he would want to resurrect his career with the Cowboys. Kosier is versatile enough to move to RG, and slide Davis in at LG.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1388768 said:
I know Leonard Davis has a mixed view on the board, but my hope is that he would want to resurrect his career with the Cowboys. Kosier is versatile enough to move to RG, and slide Davis in at LG.
I actually think he's better suited to the right side. At RT for the Cardinals he wasn't bad. But when they moved him to LT he stunk. He needs to use his power, because his speed is less than average.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1388668 said:
could be getting a fatter contract than Steve Hutchison and the early favorites are the Seahawks. If this is true, we can take him off our list because Jerry will not pay that type of money for RG. He said he will match or even succeed Hutchison contract.

He not worth that type money, I hope we get Dockery or draft a Guard

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Doomsday;1388756 said:
How bad would the Seahawks look for letting Hutchinson go, then a year later paying someone a lot less talented the same money they could of signed Hutchinson for? Pretty odd!

But you have to remember that it was not the dollar amount, it was the "poison pill" provision that kept them from resigning him.

sjordan6

Reaction score
First I think you guys are severly underestimating the market for these players and what teams are willing to pay for these B-type players. Teams have alot of money and Deilman is a guy who can be solid for years to come. He is only 26 years old and has been a very solid player. It is not out of the question for him to sign a 7 yr contract at $45-53 million with a SB of $12-18 million.

This is the reality of sports and it is only going to go higher. Is he better than Hutchinson. Obvioulsy not. But it is about becoming FA at the right time and will choose the right place for the right price.

We know JJ is not going to break the bank for a guard again like he did for Rivera. So either get ready for a Proctor type player or a rookie to start at RG.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Hostile;1388785 said:
I actually think he's better suited to the right side. At RT for the Cardinals he wasn't bad. But when they moved him to LT he stunk. He needs to use his power, because his speed is less than average.
My thinking was to have him next to Flo for a real powerful leftside.