Add QB Rhett Bomar, WR Byrd to St. Louis Rams draft visits

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
By Jim Thomas
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Email thisPrint this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It! Among the NFL draft prospects visiting Rams Park this week are quarterback Rhett Bomar of Sam Houston State and wide receiver Demetrius Byrd of Louisiana State.

The addition of those two names brings to 24 the number of confirmed pre-draft visitors to Rams Park.

Dimissed from the University of Oklahoma in the summer of 2006, Bomar flourished in two seasons at Sam Houston State where he threw for 5,564 yards and 37 touchdowns combined in ’07 and ‘08. He is the fourth quarterback known to be paying a pre-draft visit to Rams Park this week, joining Southern California’s Mark Sanchez, Kansas State’s Josh Freeman, and Fresno State’s Thomas Brandstater.

Byrd (6-0, 196) is coming off a disappointing senior season at LSU, and may be available in the mid to late rounds. But he has big-play speed, running a 4.34-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2731756 said:
By Jim Thomas
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Email thisPrint this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It! Among the NFL draft prospects visiting Rams Park this week are quarterback Rhett Bomar of Sam Houston State and wide receiver Demetrius Byrd of Louisiana State.

The addition of those two names brings to 24 the number of confirmed pre-draft visitors to Rams Park.

Dimissed from the University of Oklahoma in the summer of 2006, Bomar flourished in two seasons at Sam Houston State where he threw for 5,564 yards and 37 touchdowns combined in ’07 and ‘08. He is the fourth quarterback known to be paying a pre-draft visit to Rams Park this week, joining Southern California’s Mark Sanchez, Kansas State’s Josh Freeman, and Fresno State’s Thomas Brandstater.

Byrd (6-0, 196) is coming off a disappointing senior season at LSU, and may be available in the mid to late rounds. But he has big-play speed, running a 4.34-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Bomar would be a nice pick up for them

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731758 said:
Bomar would be a nice pick up for them

yep, thats why i think we have to draft him bomar in 3rd round if we want him

oh wait, we have the lions first 4th round pick;

the rams might wait till 4th round to take bomar, so maybe an outside chance

SDogo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2731761 said:
yep, thats why i think we have to draft him bomar in 3rd round if we want him

oh wait, we have the lions first 4th round pick;

the rams might wait till 4th round to take bomar, so maybe an outside chance

If we are going to spend a pick on a QB in this draft I would prefer it be Bomar in the 4th.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731777 said:
If we are going to spend a pick on a QB in this draft I would prefer it be Bomar in the 4th.

I hope it is McGee in the 5th. But he might be gone in the 3rd, if so, Bomar would be gone too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2731797 said:
I hope it is McGee in the 5th. But he might be gone in the 3rd, if so, Bomar would be gone too.

im hoping bomar goes in the 4th, at least that way we would haave a chance at him, i dont think he lasts till 5th round

SDogo

Reaction score
BAT;2731797 said:

That was my next thought but I'm starting to doubt he will be there that long

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2731815 said:
That was my next thought but I'm starting to doubt he will be there that long

true Home of Legends;

remember what the goose said a few days ago, he said that this year, teams will try to reach at least 10 to 15 picks higher for players then normal

its looking like that is what is going to happen this year, teams are going to reach alilttle for need

RESIN8

Reaction score
you could probably attribute the poor season by byrd with the fact that there was instability at QB at LSU this past year.

Right off the bat they lost what was supposed to be the starter(Perriloux).