Adversity and the 2024 Cowboys

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Decimated with injuries to key players (Lawrence, Diggs, Bland, Cooks, Micah), can only mean that in time these guys will be healed, and we will fight to push ourselves to get to the playoffs. With having a full healthy team, that should ensure us some wins that nobody sees. How about it, can a little adversity end up being something special for us once we're all healthy? Please give your thoughts....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Micah will not run out of gas, and DLaw won't be so tired.

Diggs will be there for the playoffs and Bland will be healthy as well.
The OL will have gelled, and the run game will have gotten much better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...can a little adversity end up being something special for us once we're all healthy?
It depends in my opinion. My belief is that individual and team fortitude is intertwined with internal focus. Stronger focus can elevate fortitude.

These are intangibles but I also believe distractions can influence them. Putting unnecessary energy into words (e.g. talking too much to the media) saps energy that could be better invested in gametime mental preparation. Less mental prep = less focus = less fortitude.

Yes. People must abide by CBA stipulations concerning media obligations. However, it is necessary to tell the media how much more determined you will be during the game. Tell the media the bare minimum. "We had a good practice. We will be ready." Then take what you would like to say pridefully out loud to them, internalize it, soak in that unsaid personal and group resolution, and unleash it at kickoff.

That is how you combat and defeat adversity as a player or team in my book.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe Micah will not run out of gas, and DLaw won't be so tired.

Diggs will be there for the playoffs and Bland will be healthy as well.
The OL will have gelled, and the run game will have gotten much better.
Hoping so!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean if they can find a way to win at least one of the next two games there could be something to that. A 2-4 start to the year is nearly a death sentence for a teams playoff hopes.
so true thunder, I think we can shock the world

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It depends in my opinion. My belief is that individual and team fortitude is intertwined with internal focus. Stronger focus can elevate fortitude.

These are intangibles but I also believe distractions can influence them. Putting unnecessary energy into words (e.g. talking too much to the media) saps energy that could be better invested in gametime mental preparation. Less mental prep = less focus = less fortitude.

Yes. People must abide by CBA stipulations concerning media obligations. However, it is necessary to tell the media how much more determined you will be during the game. Tell the media the bare minimum. "We had a good practice. We will be ready." Then take what you would like to say pridefully out loud to them, internalize it, soak in that unsaid personal and group resolution, and unleash it at kickoff.

That is how you combat and defeat adversity as a player or team in my book.
yup the less you say the better!!!! Keep it simple, stay home, let your play on the field do the talking!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Decimated with injuries to key players (Lawrence, Diggs, Bland, Cooks, Micah), can only mean that in time these guys will be healed, and we will fight to push ourselves to get to the playoffs. With having a full healthy team, that should ensure us some wins that nobody sees. How about it, can a little adversity end up being something special for us once we're all healthy? Please give your thoughts....
Prepping for watermelon smashing soon. Fully healthy roster wouldn't matter the next 6 games. I don't think they would be favored to win any of them. Falcons maybe but Cousins dropped 509 on Tampa last night. He might get 600 against Dallas. Eagles maybe but they can run the ball which puts Dallas in a deficit.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
adversity and the 2026 cowboys
adversity and the 2025 cowboys
adversity and the 2024 cowboys
adversity and the 2023 cowboys
adversity and the 2022 cowboys
adversity and the 2021 cowboys
adversity and the 2020 cowboys
adversity and the 2019 cowboys
adversity and the 2018 cowboys.

Football team thy name is Adversity

you get the picture. go back 29 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think we make the playoffs this year. I could be wrong, almost half the league makes the playoffs, but this team......not that good.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can the Cowboys get better? Sure. Will they improve enough to be a true playoff team with enough juice to do anything? I guess there’s a sliver of hope for that but if I’m being honest, I don’t see this team making the playoffs.

With this schedule, the coaches all hanging off a cliff, the players knowing this FO did almost nothing to make them better…I just don’t see this being much more than 9-8, maybe 8-9.

shabazz

Reaction score
Can the Cowboys get better? Sure. Will they improve enough to be a true playoff team with enough juice to do anything? I guess there’s a sliver of hope for that but if I’m being honest, I don’t see this team making the playoffs.

With this schedule, the coaches all hanging off a cliff, the players knowing this FO did almost nothing to make them better…I just don’t see this being much more than 9-8, maybe 8-9.
Honestly, we needed a schedule like this to really put the focus on our deficiencies.

Those 12 win season were sometimes off the backs of lowly teams, (hence the several 3rd easiest schedules)and it masked our weaknesses.

Of course, Jerry and some here will blame the season on "injuries".....but we know the truth

Chasing6

Reaction score
The real blessing in disguise is it gives us an excuse for losing, when if healthy we most likely still lose a majority of these games coming up.