Adversity Breeds Champions

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
This post is brought to you by one too many beers and a long couple of days spent with Cowboys haters.

I really wish that I had started this thread yesterday, because this has nothing to do with today's events (though they certainly didn't hurt...I have to admit that getting to root on all three Roy Williamses is pretty sweet).

We are going to win it all this year.

I am your typical insane fan...the obituary of items I have broken because of the Cowboys is too extensive for this forum. "Calm" is something that I have never been able to describe myself when regarding our 'Boys.

Until this week. This apocalyptic week.

We lose to the Cardinals.

We lose Romo.

We lose Pacman for (at least) 4 weeks.

We lose McBriar and (likely) Hurd for the year.

We lose Felix and Spencer for a few weeks.

Yet, I am as big a believer in this team as I ever have been. I am calm. Why? Simple.

Adversity breeds champions.

The very thing this team needed was a swift kick in the rear. The lack of fire in this squad has been more than apparent to everyone on this forum the past few weeks. Nothing is worse than being a prohibitive favorite...it is your classic no-win situation. You win...well, you were supposed to. You lose...it's end of the world. I guarantee that if we beat the Rams this on Sunday, our players will not be peppered with the same "yeah, but..." commentary that followed our victory against the Bengals. People don't expect, nay demand, perfection from us any more. Our backs are against the wall, but I have zero doubt that we have the talent to push back. All we needed was the spark to ignite that talent to perform at its highest level.

We will be fine. It will take time for this team to sort it out, no doubt. For now, I will listen to TI's "No Matter What", which I (un)officially dub the theme song of our 2008 Dallas Cowboys.

This thread will make its triumphant return when I bump it late on the night of February 1st. "One for the thumb" is so '95...this is the year to finally take care of my other ring finger.

satam55

Reaction score
The thing is Wade Phillips is our head coach, so that isn't going to work!