After looking at the Patriots game

rockj7

Reaction score
My Dad turned to me and said, In a time long long ago the Dallas Cowboys where once that good they where constantly in the conference title game and would crush teams in the playoffs and big games. We young in age Cowboys fans are tired of hearing about long ago dam* it I want to have been alive when we kicked arse

perrykemp

Reaction score
My Dad turned to me and said, In a time long long ago the Dallas Cowboys where once that good they where constantly in the conference title game and would crush teams in the playoffs and big games. We young in age Cowboys fans are tired of hearing about long ago dam* it I want to have been alive when we kicked arse

Your dad must have been talking about the 1970s. The Cowboys dominated over a 4-5 year period in the 1990s but nothing like what the Patriots have been putting together.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It seems like a lifetime ago.

There were glimmers of that kind of dominance last year, but we decided to mess with that formula.

I feel sorry for the younger fans that couldn't witness both the 1970s and 1990s runs first hands.

Different brands of excellence.

All there is now is a brief blip of competent football.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
So a friend of mine hosted a Pats watching party yesterday. Everyone was a Pats fan and I had no dog in the fight, so I kind of just went with the flow and cheered for the Pats.

At first it felt weird, but then it felt familiar. Something I haven't felt since I was a kid in the early 90s.

It felt good.

Now, I'm not going to suddenly flip sides, and today I once again hate the Patriots, but I want that feeling again.

They have no idea how good they have it, just like we didn't know then.

I want that bliss.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Your dad must have been talking about the 1970s. The Cowboys dominated over a 4-5 year period in the 1990s but nothing like what the Patriots have been putting together.

I was thinking the same thing.

The closest thing of any sports team that I follow that was similar in my lifetime is the Mavericks. Basically guaranteed 50 wins for a little over a decade. No dominance in the playoffs but you always felt like they had a chance.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Old enough to have seen both eras for us 70 and 90's... Love em or hate em Patriots are yesteryears Cowboys without the same collection of big impact players....

If alive today I think Tom Landry would give Belicheck ( forget the cheating etc) a tip of his hat for the way he assembles and maximizes individual players and the whole team effort

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I was just telling my wife (who couldn't care less) how amazing what the Pats are doing is. There is no team in the superbowl era that has had a prolonged run of greatness like this. Its like the Dallas team from 92-95 but lasting a decade and a half.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Maybe that's why I hate them so much is because they're so good but I hate Belichick. I'm so tired of his press conferences where he's a complete jerk. Now the media dose have some people that deserve that but the act is so tiresome. But the Patriots have gotten a lot of help winning Superbowls. And in all honesty I really can't stand any of the teams left. Maybe I'm just a sore loser because the Cowboys sucked this year but I really don't have any interest in any of the teams left. And Russell Wilson is the player version of Garrett. Every player is fantastic and all the defenses he plays against are full of amazing athletes and they are coached by outstanding coaches. It's so sickening. I don't need to hear anymore of his interviews. I'm a little bitter but I still love the Cowboys

rockj7

Reaction score
Yes he was talking about the 70s he also said in the 90s we would have won 4 possibly 5 Superbowls had Jimmy stayed

MissionCoach

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboy fan since the mid to late 60's. We really were "that" good at one time. Innovators like Coach Landry and Tex Schramm. Legends like Roger Staubach, Bob Lilly, Tony Dorsett, and Randy White. Playmakers like "The Triplets"...and Playoff appearances and Super Bowl wins!!!

I will always be a Dallas Cowboy fan, but will never forgive Jerry Jones for the way he treated Coach Landry. I hope someday (soon) that Jerry Jones does the right thing and puts aside his gigantic ego and brings in a real GM and NFL Coaching staff. Until that time, I'm afraid that we Cowboy fans will be cheering for moral victories instead of Playoff winsand Super Bowl titles!!!

It's pretty sad when the highlight of the season is Sean Lee staying healthy.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If we build the d-line like we did the o-line, we might dominate again...

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I really get tired of hearing the Cheatriots are like the Cowboys WERE. They are NOT!

Coach Landry was as classy as anybody that has ever been associated with the NFL. Belicheat is anything but classy.

We never had a QB that would smirk and show smug arrogance, lie and cheat and act entitled or throw temper tantrums.

The Cowboys have never been known for cheating.

The Cowboys never won a Super Bowl by squeeking it out with a long FG, or a bonehead play gift from the other team.

The list could go on, but the Cheatriots are not now, and have never been like the Cowboys of old. They can dream about it, but it just isnt so.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Yes he was talking about the 70s he also said in the 90s we would have won 4 possibly 5 Superbowls had Jimmy stayed

Possibly, maybe one more. The team was getting tired of Jimmy's unchanged hard nose even after all the success they had with him. He certainly made them great, the iron fist just never let up. Barry was a breath of fresh air they sorely needed, IMO. One thing I will say with confidence, that team would've won another Super Bowl had they drafted Randy Moss. No doubt about it...

coogrfan

Reaction score
It seems like a lifetime ago.

That's because it was. There are kids in college who hadn't been born the last time the Boys went to a Super Bowl.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/Dr_-Who_zpse269b2ed.gif