After one week of camp, here's my 53

VACowboy

Reaction score
The tough spot is DE and LB. I think almost any one or two from Glymph, K. Coleman, Shanle and/or Fowler makes the team (I'm rooting for Junior). I also think Proctor takes Peterman's spot and Hurd and Rector really push Terrance Copper. McQuistan may not last long on the PS, but Bill won't cut Fabini. And maybe he shouldn't. Anyway...

--QB-- (3)
Drew Bledsoe
Tony Romo
Drew Henson

--RB-- (3)
Julius Jones
Marion Barber III
Tyson Thompson

--WR-- (5)
Terrell Owens
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Skyler Green
Terrance Copper

--TE/FB-- (4)
Jason Witten
Anthony Fasano
Ryan Hannam
Lousaka Polite

--C-- (2)
Andre Gurode
Al Johnson

--G-- (3)
Marco Rivera
Kyle Kosier
Cory Proctor

--OT-- (4)
Flozell Adams
Marc Colombo
Rob Petitti
Jason Fabini

--DE-- (4)
Chris Canty
Marcus Spears
Jeremiah Ratliff
Jason Hatcher

--NT-- (3)
Jason Ferguson
Thomas Johnson
Montavious Stanley

--LB-- (10)
DeMarcus Ware
Bradie James
Akin Ayodele
Greg Ellis
Kevin Burnett
Al Singleton
Bobby Carpenter
Rocky Boiman
Junior Glymph
Scott Shanle

--CB-- (5)
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Aaron Glenn
Jaques Reeves
Nate Jones

--S-- (4)
Roy Lee Williams
Patrick Watkins
Keith Davis
Marcus Coleman

--ST-- (3)
Mike Vanderjagt
Mat McBriar
L.P. Ledouceur

--PS-- (5)
Pat McQuistan
Sam Hurd
Jamaica Rector
Demetris Summers
Kai Parham

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
wow.. that's actually very very close to mine.. even your practice squad..

my only differences:

1. I think that Hurd or Rector make it in place of Copper.. I ended up going with Hurd..

2. I think that we will keep another TE.. Polite will be grouped in with the RBs in Bill's mind and he will need another TE.. so I will say that Sean Ryan or Tony Curtis makes it over another LB.. so I would take off Scott Shanle or Junior Glymph and replace him Curtis or Ryan.. Hmm.. I'll say take off Shanle and replace him with Ryan..

ravidubey

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
2. I think that we will keep another TE.. Polite will be grouped in with the RBs in Bill's mind and he will need another TE.. so I will say that Sean Ryan or Tony Curtis makes it over another LB.. so I would take off Scott Shanle or Junior Glymph and replace him Curtis or Ryan.. Hmm.. I'll say take off Shanle and replace him with Ryan..

I almost posted this exact thing.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think we keep Ryan instead of a 5th WR.

I think we keep Peterman and McQuistan and that we cut Fabini prior to week 1-- with a spot taken away from the LB crew. Fabini gets re-signed if someone is hurt or if McQ sucks in the practices when Fabini is gone.

I think this may be the year we waive goodbye to Shanle - but I think it is Folwer over Glymph.

Also, Staley may have to go on the PS. he isn't in shape.

Woods

Reaction score
I think we only keep 9 LBs as well.

Agree that Polite is lumped in with the RBs, and either Ryan or Curtis make the team. At this stage, I'd go with Ryan.

Also, with respect to the CBs, I'm kind of thinking that Lenny Williams may supplant N. Jones.

As for the WRs, I think the final spot will be between Hurd and J. Rector.

Finally, as for the OL, Fabini vs. McQuistan should be interesting for a roster spot. Let's see if Fabini picks it up a notch.

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Kind of an OT question, but hasn't the practice squad been increased to 8 players?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think you have to re-think the TEs. It would be extemely difficult to run a two TE offense without at least 5 TEs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think you have to re-think the TEs. It would be extemely difficult to run a two TE offense without at least 5 TEs.

Not saying that you said this, but, wouldn't it be just as difficult to run a 2 WR set with 4 WR's as some are suggesting.

I can't see how we only keep 4 WR - That might be a first in the NFL.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Not saying that you said this, but, wouldn't it be just as difficult to run a 2 WR set with 4 WR's as some are suggesting.

Yes, it's tough to run an offense on just 4 WRs. It depends on how many 3 WR sets you intend to use in your offense but I'd say you almost have to have 4 WRs regardless. 5 is better and typically, it's the FB that goes. If your fifth TE is Polite, then it probably works better.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
aikemirv said:

Doubt it -- teams rarely have more than 4 active for games. So you can accomplish the same stuff in practice using PS WRs

In fact, didn't we play last year with Key, Glenn, Crayton, and Copper as our only roster WRs for several games?

silver

Reaction score
WOW. All I can say is that I agree. and me too thinks Ryan makes it instead of Junior. Junior prolly replaces Summers on the PS.

aikemirv

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Doubt it -- teams rarely have more than 4 active for games. So you can accomplish the same stuff in practice using PS WRs

In fact, didn't we play last year with Key, Glenn, Crayton, and Copper as our only roster WRs for several games?

No doubt we only have 4 active most games which is the problem we had with Peerless last year because the 4th guy was a special teams guy.

I would hate to put a guy with the physical attributes of Hurd on the practice squad after some of the practice reports, and I will be surpised if BP lets Copper go - considering his Special teams play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
VACowboy said:
The tough spot is DE and LB. I think almost any one or two from Glymph, K. Coleman, Shanle and/or Fowler makes the team (I'm rooting for Junior). I also think Proctor takes Peterman's spot and Hurd and Rector really push Terrance Copper. McQuistan may not last long on the PS, but Bill won't cut Fabini. And maybe he shouldn't. Anyway...

--QB-- (3)
Drew Bledsoe
Tony Romo
Drew Henson

--RB-- (3)
Julius Jones
Marion Barber III
Tyson Thompson

--WR-- (5)
Terrell Owens
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Skyler Green
Terrance Copper

--TE/FB-- (4)
Jason Witten
Anthony Fasano
Ryan Hannam
Lousaka Polite

--C-- (2)
Andre Gurode
Al Johnson

--G-- (3)
Marco Rivera
Kyle Kosier
Cory Proctor

--OT-- (4)
Flozell Adams
Marc Colombo
Rob Petitti
Jason Fabini

--DE-- (4)
Chris Canty
Marcus Spears
Jeremiah Ratliff
Jason Hatcher

--NT-- (3)
Jason Ferguson
Thomas Johnson
Montavious Stanley

--LB-- (10)
DeMarcus Ware
Bradie James
Akin Ayodele
Greg Ellis
Kevin Burnett
Al Singleton
Bobby Carpenter
Rocky Boiman
Junior Glymph
Scott Shanle

--CB-- (5)
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Aaron Glenn
Jaques Reeves
Nate Jones

--S-- (4)
Roy Lee Williams
Patrick Watkins
Keith Davis
Marcus Coleman

--ST-- (3)
Mike Vanderjagt
Mat McBriar
L.P. Ledouceur

--PS-- (5)
Pat McQuistan
Sam Hurd
Jamaica Rector
Demetris Summers
Kai Parham

i like the list, I would replace copper with hurd, probably keep peterman over shanle. or McQ over shanle. perhaps fabini won't make it.

VACowboy

Reaction score
silver said:
WOW. All I can say is that I agree. and me too thinks Ryan makes it instead of Junior. Junior prolly replaces Summers on the PS.

Can third-year players be placed on the PS?

I don't think there's any way we keep both five WR and 5 TE, and since you run a heck of a lot more plays from three WR sets than with three TE on the field, I think it's a pretty good guess that the opening day roster will feature five wideouts and four tight ends. And I think Polite is gonna be the fourth TE. He's had a heck of a camp, learning to play the TE position as well as H and tail back. Parcells loves diverse players, and Polite can do a lot of things. The reason there are 10 LBs on the list is that I included Ellis. Last year it was five DE and anywhere between eight and 10 LB, depending on when you looked at the roster. I think Parcells is much more likely to keep Shanle or Glymph as a 10th LB than Ryan as a 5th TE. But, I could be wrong. There's a first time for everything. :laugh1:

Here's a revision:

--QB-- (3)
Drew Bledsoe
Tony Romo
Drew Henson

--RB-- (3)
Julius Jones
Marion Barber III
Tyson Thompson

--WR-- (5)
Terrell Owens
Terry Glenn