After Commanders slam their fans, fans turn backs on Commanders

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Commanders slam their fans, fans turn backs on Commanders

These are dark days in Washington. Once in first place in the NFC East, the Commanders have bumbled and stumbled their way into third, and their free fall might not be done. And now, a franchise once renowned for its fan support is feeling the pinch of suckitude at the turnstiles.

Here’s the problem: the fans aren’t liking the product’s direction. And they’re voting with their feet. And that, in turn, is incensing the players. Josh Norman unloaded back in November on the hometown fans:

“I feel like we play better on the road, I’m not going to lie,” Norman said. “We go into the homestands and it’s like an open bubble. Like the other team’s turf or something. You hear more of them than you do us. Then if something bad happens, they suck. They sit back in their seat and they boo. I don’t know. This year, I’m starting to see that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/Commanders-slam-fans-fans-turn-backs-Commanders-233132629.html

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Been going on for years. It started the year before RG3, then picked up again after his 1 good season.
There was a campaign for fans to switch to the Ravens.
Many folks are still upset about the treatment of Cousins, and this seasons rash of QB injuries has really ramped it up.
Another reason they've been removing seats from the stadium every season, and no longer gloating about their sellout streak and ticket waiting list.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Been going on for years. It started the year before RG3, then picked up again after his 1 good season.
There was a campaign for fans to switch to the Ravens.
Many folks are still upset about the treatment of Cousins, and this seasons rash of QB injuries has really ramped it up.
Another reason they've been removing seats from the stadium every season, and no longer gloating about their sellout streak and ticket waiting list.
If yer' a bona fide Skins fan?,,, I don't care, I gave you a "like" regardless, as my Father was a Commanders FAN who'd made me the COWBOYS FAN I am today, by Jim dandy's by Jimminy gotta' have that enemy,,,ya knowo_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

jrumann59

Reaction score
The shaft Snyder gives his fan base whether its ticketing people that walk to the games (no side walks along the roads), or making parking a PITA, charging fans for shuttle rides from expensive off site parking, etc he can only keeping them coming in for so long before they realize they can have a much more enjoyable time at home or a bar especially with sub par performance.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The excuse for human beings that live in that area of the country and claim the deadskins as their team are miserable anyway because of their own poor choices in life. Entitled, unappreciative, arrogant idiots that don't deserve half the things they lay claim to. I hope they lose their team and see how it feels not to even have one to root for.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Commanders were playing good football until they lost Alex Smith. Then Colt McCoy went down. I think fans are sick of players like Josh Norman making excuses and whining to the media. Some of these teams given the personalities on them are just a tough sell to root for.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The excuse for human beings that live in that area of the country and claim the deadskins as their team are miserable anyway because of their own poor choices in life. Entitled, unappreciative, arrogant idiots that don't deserve half the things they lay claim to. I hope they lose their team and see how it feels not to even have one to root for.
That is an asinine comment.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I know this is off the topic of the thread, but from in Oklahoma?
Yes,Oklahoma, that was the two week summer vacation every year as a kid, going to OKLAHOMA to visit Grandma & Grandpa (Osage co.)

JustChip

Reaction score
I know this is off the topic of the thread, but from in Oklahoma?

Osage Co., huh. Thought maybe you were from southeastern Ok. My mother's family was all from Choctaw Co. But not Native American though.