After the 4th rd, a pretty weak draft

burmafrd

Reaction score
Judging from what I have read in the last few hours, the consensus seems to be that anyone taken in the 5th or later is a pure project or on potential at best. I think this draft was weak at the top and at the bottom. All 6th and 7 rd picks are going to be lucky to make practice squads. So in that respect I am not put out by the projects we took in the 6th and 7th. Stanback has so much speed and so many possibilities that I really can understand us taking him relatively high. It seems clear that we did not have anyone we really wanted from the late 3rd on. The fullback is the only guy we made any special effort to get.

BLT

Reaction score
i really didnt like the fullback pick and was really pissed about that.. i mean i know we probably wouldnt have gotten better than him.. but theres still some UDFA FBs we could have looked at..

burmafrd

Reaction score
I get the feeling that our scout must have really poured it on with the fullback. That one might be a pet cat. LIke I think Stanback was for Jerrah.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1479961 said:
I get the feeling that our scout must have really poured it on with the fullback. That one might be a pet cat. LIke I think Stanback was for Jerrah.

alot of teams were showing alot of interest in Stanback, I don't think this was Jerry getting caught up in Stanback by himself

btw, I agree, this draft wasn't as deep as I thought it was

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It didn't take that long. When we were counting down the picks before our 53rd pick, the guys on the ticket were already searching for day one talent for us to take. My guess is the same thing happened in the war room. The guy we wanted wasn't worth that pick so we made the deal and moved down to 67 and still got him. I think the trade for the fullback was an effort to kill a pick. I have no proof and never will but that is the feeling I got listening to the ticket and watching other teams search for someone to draft. This year the draft should have only been 6 rounds long. Maybe only 5.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Some pet cats turn our real well and others don't. As a general rule its best to avoid them.