After the anger - comes depression

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
Man o man am I down , I can't recall being this down over a loss. The only thing I can think of is , the Catch game. I feel like I don't even care, Jason Garrett? who cares? his replacement? who cares, that's MONTHS away , we still have to go thru an entire BORING Baseball season - 162 Games, thru the summer, etc. And who knows what we get? 16 games is all we play, we wait like rabid dogs for them to take place, and every so often you get a team, a 13-3 team that you feel can make it to the dance finals, that you KNOW should make it. And for us not to be playing this weekend, is beyond painful, and it's wrong.
Wade Phillips, this is all on you, you blew the best opportunity you ever had, and didn't get the horse home - the best dern horse you ever had.

Boysboy

Reaction score
40Bates40;1908103 said:
Man o man am I down , I can't recall being this down over a loss. The only thing I can think of is , the Catch game. I feel like I don't even care, Jason Garrett? who cares? his replacement? who cares, that's MONTHS away , we still have to go thru an entire BORING Baseball season - 162 Games, thru the summer, etc. And who knows what we get? 16 games is all we play, we wait like rabid dogs for them to take place, and every so often you get a team, a 13-3 team that you feel can make it to the dance finals, that you KNOW should make it. And for us not to be playing this weekend, is beyond painful, and it's wrong.
Wade Phillips, this is all on you, you blew the best opportunity you ever had, and didn't get the horse home - the best dern horse you ever had.

I could live with the Rangers stinking it up, b/c they always do anyways. Dallas seems to be the new "choke city" unfortunately. First the Stars, then the Mavs, now the Cowboys for the 2nd straight year.

Hopefully-the Mavs can get that monkey off their back this Spring-but I only have *this* much confidence in Avery Johnson and his playoff coaching abilities, so my expectations are LOW.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Boysboy;1908165 said:
I could live with the Rangers stinking it up, b/c they always do anyways. Dallas seems to be the new "choke city" unfortunately. First the Stars, then the Mavs, now the Cowboys for the 2nd straight year.

Hopefully-the Mavs can get that monkey off their back this Spring-but I only have *this* much confidence in Avery Johnson and his playoff coaching abilities, so my expectations are LOW.

Avery's a good coach (and still young) and a student of Popovich in San Antonio. I'm hoping he learned a valuable lesson last season about pace and the proper time to peak.

I also hope he learned not to mess with the lineup in the first game of the playoffs...

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
40Bates40;1908103 said:

I feel exactly the same weay. I log on to this forum 5, 6, 7 times a day. I have no idea why. I felt depressed all day long today, I had some stupid Giants fan in my ear as well. The superbowl is in the state I live this year that will only make the wound hurt more....

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
It's bad, but not nearly as bad as the '81 or '94 NFC championship game losses.
Those years we really blew it and would've likely won the SB.

While it sucks to go one and done after a season like this. Imo, with the season NE is having, it was going to end bad for us eventually, unless something shocking happened. I just don't think we'd have won the SB if we had beaten the Giants. That's the main thing that keeps it from being so bad.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bach;1908178 said:

While it sucks to go one and done after a season like this. Imo, with the season NE is having, it was going to end bad for us eventually, unless something shocking happened. I just don't think we'd have won the SB if we had beaten the Giants. That's the main thing that keeps it from being so bad.

The '94 NFC Title game stung, but b/c we won the previous 2 Super Bowls, and Young and the Niners had that extra incentive to get that monkey off their backs, I got over it a day later-there was nothing for us to hang our heads over. If anything, that season was good fortunes in disguise b/c Larry Allen ended up getting to see his first action(thanks to Erik Williams' freak accident).

IF we had EW that year, I think we would have rolled SF in the reg season, and got the NFCCG at home in the process. However-we probably would have never sniffed Allen in the long run.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
40Bates40;1908103 said:

Been on a roll making therads lately huh.. :p:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Bach;1908178 said:

well i for one use the theory of..............the team that does have to play the Pats are gonna have to live in infamy being on every highlight as the team the Patriots won their perfect season over........DVDs, sport specials, NFL network super bowl highlights, Greatest team ever shows, etc :bang2:

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
The loss that stunned me the most was when we went out to Carolina and got beat in the divisional playoff game. It was the game where Irvin got hurt right away. I was really hurt after that loss cause i think we would of went to the super bowl that year.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
40Bates40;1908103 said:

I don't usually say this but i've noticed this the second time you've posted a thread about being depressed. Is this a call for help? Is it something else bothering you? I just hope you don't go of and do something stupid. Whatever it is try to cheer up & go out and be around close pple or do something off the internet to keep active so you're mind won't be so drained. Good luck i hope you start to feel better. I worry about pple with depression.

Reaction score
40Bates40;1908103 said:

There's only one thing you can do to cheer up....sell your computer and cancel your internet service.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jr40usa;1908262 said:
The anger will get worst when the games start this weekend.

Hate both teams-but if the Giants win, I'll get SOME satisfaction, compared to a Green Bay "Bow down to Almighty Favre" Packers win.

Shouldn't be watching BSPN now, but all the pundits are saying how the Fudgers are dominant and have a great shot to upset the Packers.(Of course, the conference title games have YET to be played):mad:

notherbob

Reaction score
I don't get angry or depressed anymore, just kinda numb and apathetic and go about my business.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Boysboy;1908165 said:

Every Metroplex team should move to farmers branch where we don't have no franchise tax, no visitors tax and tax abatements for anybody who is rich and stuff and plus, we have lots of wood we can build stadiums with.