Aggregated pass protection measures from 3 sources

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
94, 100.... 25? Anyone familiar with these ratings available to explain how they can have such variance?
If I recall correctly espn has some stringer metrics. Something to do with holding blocks for 2.5 seconds.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You don't need the stats to know this. Just a disciplined team out there. Weren't half our penalties roughing the passer or unsportsman conduct? LOL Can't help it when you're a bad arse.

Most impressive last week was just how prepared our team was. As if last season never ended. AND in some pretty ugly conditions.

Remember all those threads about why are we not playing the starters? The focus on youth in TC and PS, along with some luck from Zack's holdout forcing the young lineman to play more, all gave us a good unit even with some inexperience.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you watch the game? Purdy was getting hit quite a bit. He was sacked 3 times and had 7 QB hits on him. The 49ers run blocking was great but the Steelers were getting to Purdy on passing plays. Purdy made some pretty good throws under duress.
Where was the pressure coming? I hope Williams is starting to slow down. But I doubt it

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Did you watch the game? Purdy was getting hit quite a bit. He was sacked 3 times and had 7 QB hits on him. The 49ers run blocking was great but the Steelers were getting to Purdy on passing plays. Purdy made some pretty good throws under duress.
Yes. There is a weakness with those darn Niners! TJ Watt crucified their RT. We have our own TJ named Micah. Can't wait! :yourock::yourock:

jujoboys

Reaction score
Where was the pressure coming? I hope Williams is starting to slow down. But I doubt it
I wasn't really paying attention to what offensive lineman was giving up the pressure but I kept seeing TJ Watt in the 49ers backfield. He had all 3 sacks. To Purdy's credit he was making some darn good throws under pressure and Brandon Aiyuk was putting on a show/. I gained quite of bit of respect from Purdy watching that game. Guy was very poised under pressure. However, if he keeps getting attacked and hit like that all season long then he will wind up where he was during the Philly playoff game. Good thing for him that he isn't facing TJ Watt every week.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I wasn't really paying attention to what offensive lineman was giving up the pressure but I kept seeing TJ Watt in the 49ers backfield. He had all 3 sacks. To Purdy's credit he was making some darn good throws under pressure and Brandon Aiyuk was putting on a show/. I gained quite of bit of respect from Purdy watching that game. Guy was very poised under pressure. However, if he keeps getting attacked and hit like that all season long then he will wind up where he was during the Philly playoff game. Good thing for him that he isn't facing TJ Watt every week.
Yeah, scary how well he played under pressure. That's how I know a young QB is going to be a good one, their pocket presence and performance under pressure. Brady, Roethlisberger, Romo, all the good ones that were thrown out early or had the question marks from their draft position had it. They may not dazzle with the yardage stats in season one, but if they handle pressure like a pro, they're already ahead of the competition.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It doesn't make any sense that one person sees it as 100 and another as 25. Makes the entire ranking meaningless. My eyes told me we did well. That's all I care about
Just saw that. ESPN needs to ditch their blocker ratings. LOL

That's the problem with data analysts. More interested in the formulas than the practical results.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The San Fran RT was getting cooked by Watt.

Not sure if it’s a RT problem or just the fact that he’s facing an All-Pro.
Colton McVitz. Had to look it up, never heard of him. But getting owned by Watt doesn't make you a scrub