CFZ Aggressive offseason plan (just for fun)

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
We have seen in several teams that to improve aggressiveness and taking risks are required.
This is going to be a tough preseason because there are several big free agents, like Tony Pollard, Terrence Steele, Donovan Wilson, Cooper Rush, LVE, Connor McGovern, among others, and with Dak earning 49M next season, there are a lot of limitations for to be able to sign at least those that I have listed.
The light that can be glimpsed is the news that came out informing that Zeke wants to stay and that he would be accepting a negotiation of his contract to cut his salary. which is very good news if it were to materialize, since with that Pollard could be retained,

This would be good for it to happen, since it should put pressure on Dak and if he really wants to revindicate, he would have to take the same action, since at this step of continuing with his incompetence, when his contract ends, nobody is going to want him, and It will only be 2 more years lost for the cowboys without reaching anything, so Dak should take the same action, renegotiate his contract and take a salary reduction, even negotiate the cancellation of the remaining years, and only stay one more year with a fair salary , (half) and that year dedicate himself to revindicate and can be hired by another team, and each one follow their path.

another option would be to negotiate with Dak so that he goes to the team that he wants; In my opinion, Dak seeing that most of the fans don't want him in Dallas, an option would be Washington, with Carson Wentz they won't get anywhere, and he could be cut and free up salary space, and with that Dak might want to take revenge on the cowboys, Washington is the good option, Dak for a 5th and Taylor Heinicke, you will say, for a 5th?, of course as long as he leaves and free up money, whatever is good,

With money they can hire good players, and this free agency is going to be interesting, according to rumors, Aaron Rodgers can be traded

so as QB options in free agency they have:
Tom Brady, one-year contract and reinforcing the team in free agency, the SB option is sure,
Aaron rodgers, he may be expensive but he is a very good QB,
Lamar Jackson,
Jimmy Garoppolo,
Derek Carr,
Dak shouldn't stay in the Cowboys, since the story is going to be the same as always, Dak has already been in the league for 7 years, and it doesn't seem to improve. and he not going to get better

we want more aggressiveness? transfer the first round for Sean Payton and let go of McCarthy, with this we will have a new culture in the cowboys, and a new hope.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
No offense to you OP as you said it's just for fun, but I just can't do these hypothetical scenarios anymore lol. I don't have the energy to even hope we do something aggressively smart as long as Jerry/Stephen are still in charge, except maybe signing Stephens son to a reserve contract one day

JBS

Reaction score
Dak for Rodgers
2023 1st round pick for S. Diggs
2024 1st for Payton - he brings Fangio as DC

Boom. I just won us a Super Bowl. It took me 30 seconds to put this plan together. It’s 30 seconds more than Jerry and Stephen are willing to work to build a championship team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have seen in several teams that to improve aggressiveness and taking risks are required.
This is going to be a tough preseason because there are several big free agents, like Tony Pollard, Terrence Steele, Donovan Wilson, Cooper Rush, LVE, Connor McGovern, among others, and with Dak earning 49M next season, there are a lot of limitations for to be able to sign at least those that I have listed.
The light that can be glimpsed is the news that came out informing that Zeke wants to stay and that he would be accepting a negotiation of his contract to cut his salary. which is very good news if it were to materialize, since with that Pollard could be retained,

This would be good for it to happen, since it should put pressure on Dak and if he really wants to revindicate, he would have to take the same action, since at this step of continuing with his incompetence, when his contract ends, nobody is going to want him, and It will only be 2 more years lost for the cowboys without reaching anything, so Dak should take the same action, renegotiate his contract and take a salary reduction, even negotiate the cancellation of the remaining years, and only stay one more year with a fair salary , (half) and that year dedicate himself to revindicate and can be hired by another team, and each one follow their path.

another option would be to negotiate with Dak so that he goes to the team that he wants; In my opinion, Dak seeing that most of the fans don't want him in Dallas, an option would be Washington, with Carson Wentz they won't get anywhere, and he could be cut and free up salary space, and with that Dak might want to take revenge on the cowboys, Washington is the good option, Dak for a 5th and Taylor Heinicke, you will say, for a 5th?, of course as long as he leaves and free up money, whatever is good,

With money they can hire good players, and this free agency is going to be interesting, according to rumors, Aaron Rodgers can be traded

Tom Brady, one-year contract and reinforcing the team in free agency, the SB option is sure,
Lamar Jackson,
Jimmy Garoppolo,
Derek Carr,
Dak shouldn't stay in the Cowboys, since the story is going to be the same as always, Dak has already been in the league for 7 years, and it doesn't seem to improve. and he not going to get better

we want more aggressiveness? transfer the first round for Sean Payton and let go of McCarthy, with this we will have a new culture in the cowboys, and a new hope.
Trading Dak isnt even hypothetical. He has a no trade clause

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Lamar Jackson,
Jimmy Garoppolo,
Derek Carr,

You lost me the moment you said its great that we can keep Zeke.

FYI.............Dak just outplayed Brady last week and the Niners spanked Rogers equally in last years playoff game in GB. Another other ideas that make no sense?

GuitarBytes

Reaction score

FYI.............Dak just outplayed Brady last week and the Niners spanked Rogers equally in last years playoff game in GB. Another other ideas that make no sense?
I didn't say it would be great to keep him, the great thing is that he wants to negotiate his contract to have a salary cut, and thus be able to have the two RBs for practically the cost of Zeke's salary this year, that's the great thing, Zeke as 2nd RB and Pollard as First,

benson

Reaction score
No need to be that aggressive.
Dak never sees the field again.
Zeke is cut.
Draft a QB and DL/OL, corners.

Compete.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Yeah, @GuitarBytes

Rodgers got "spanked" last year by the 49ers. So that should make you feel fine about it happening to Dak 2 years in a row. Duh!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't say it would be great to keep him, the great thing is that he wants to negotiate his contract to have a salary cut, and thus be able to have the two RBs for practically the cost of Zeke's salary this year, that's the great thing, Zeke as 2nd RB and Pollard as First,
Why would you even want him on the team? Isnt it obvious how bad he sucks? And the Cowboys seem oddly devoted to playing him. Keeping Zeke means the RB situation doesnt get better.

"Cowboys go as Zeke goes" "We must run the ball with Zeke" These are the demands of our owner. Zeke needs to get outta here.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry and his Family go on a float, discover a magical and uncharted, lush tropical island in the South Pacific, decide they have reached paradise and sell all their worthy possessions to stay there forever and ever. Amen.