Ahmad Brooks?

Bizwah

Reaction score
I've seen an awful lot of threads lately praising Brooks, and writing him in as a top draft choice of ours.

I can't see it.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of him. Only because every time I tune into a UVA game, he isn't on the field for one reason or another. And the times I have seen him, he's relatively invisible.

Now, he has great measureables (6-4 250) and athletic ability, but I just don't think he's an impressive football player.

I was eager to watch the UVA/Minn game just to see Brooks play, but surprise.....he's not playing......again.

Now, maybe someone with more knowledge of the player can enlighten me. But I would have nothing to do with him on the first day, assuming he decides to leave school early (which, IMO, he shouldn't do). If he leaves early, and is there on the second day, then let's take him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I've seen an awful lot of threads lately praising Brooks, and writing him in as a top draft choice of ours.

I can't see it.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of him. Only because every time I tune into a UVA game, he isn't on the field for one reason or another. And the times I have seen him, he's relatively invisible.

Now, he has great measureables (6-4 250) and athletic ability, but I just don't think he's an impressive football player.

I was eager to watch the UVA/Minn game just to see Brooks play, but surprise.....he's not playing......again.

Now, maybe someone with more knowledge of the player can enlighten me. But I would have nothing to do with him on the first day, assuming he decides to leave school early (which, IMO, he shouldn't do). If he leaves early, and is there on the second day, then let's take him.

Yep.

Brooks reminds me a lot of Arrington: impressive specimen, great athletcism, only shows flashes of greatness.

Sure he's good for the big hit or the Sportscenter play, but what about the other 50 odd plays when he's on the field? Where'd he go?

jbsg02

Reaction score
I really wouldn't be suprised if we tried to pick Kai Parham though. He is EXACTLY whay Parcells likes. He is a big athletic linebacker who comes from a 3-4 scheme. Not sure if he comes out this year, but I bet Parcells loves this kid.

Bizwah

Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
I really wouldn't be suprised if we tried to pick Kai Parham though. He is EXACTLY whay Parcells likes. He is a big athletic linebacker who comes from a 3-4 scheme. Not sure if he comes out this year, but I bet Parcells loves this kid.

Now Parham, I like.....I've actually seen him make a play.

Hailmary

Reaction score
If he's smart, he'll return for his senior year.

Had he left as a sophmore last year (I'm pretty sure he was eligible) I think he could've gone somewhere in the middle of the first. Not sure where he'd end up in this draft. On physical ability alone, I think he'd end up in the first, but probably somewhere in the end of the first....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Parham left me unimpressed against MN though.

Reaction score
Brooks = HYPE. Everyone loves his size and athleticism, but his production doesn't match his measurables. He would be smart if he came back to UVa, but there have been rumors of him and Groh "disagreeing" on some things this year and last, and I wouldn't be surprised if he declared and took a chance. Also, he has been injured a good deal this year, so his stock has definitely dropped from where it was last season.

Parham is a better player, but as the announcers said today, he sometimes plays "too high," causing him leverage problems. With that said, he makes plays all over the field. Today wasn't his best exhibition (was more like the Chris Long Show in the 2nd half), but he's a solid player.