Audio: Ahmad Dixon talks about what he learned with the Cowboys

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dixon didn't sound too convincing that he was happy about leaving Dallas and going to Minnesota. I seriously doubt that he was.
Not only being rejected by a team in your home state but instead, having to play in Minnesota isn't my idea of a dream come true. At least, he found out, albeit the hard way, that you can't go against the powers that be when they decide to make you follow the rules.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Dixon didn't sound too convincing that he was happy about leaving Dallas and going to Minnesota. I seriously doubt that he was.
Not only being rejected by a team in your home state but instead, having to play in Minnesota isn't my idea of a dream come true. At least, he found out, albeit the hard way, that you can't go against the powers that be when they decide to make you follow the rules.

Hey, at least he didn't start clamoring about the Dallas Police State like Hatcher.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow. He sounded pretty bummed.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
He sounds like he has marbles in his mouth..shame he had a hard time understanding the concept of his responsibilities..not the first and won't be the last

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't sound like he really get it. If he stays on the PS all year he'll probably get it at some point especially when he realizes it cost him over 300K. If he gets promoted to the 53 soon, then he might never really get it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Some knuckleheads are destined to remain knuckleheads... this just might be the case with Ahmad.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't really care if a guy is well-spoken or not, but you can't miss meetings, state that you won't change your playing style even though the game is evolving and continue to display terrible decision-making and expect to make a roster.

I had high hopes for the guy coming out of the draft and his draft phone call made me root for him, but it seems like his talent isn't a question, just what's upstairs.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
Should have never cut this guy. His behavior was troubling but we should have worked with him or at least brough him back on PS once he cleared waivers. This kid will be starting within 3 years from now.

ZappaFrank

Reaction score
Should have never cut this guy. His behavior was troubling but we should have worked with him or at least brough him back on PS once he cleared waivers. This kid will be starting within 3 years from now.

Id be willing to bet that no one even knows who he is in 3 years.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Id be willing to bet that no one even knows who he is in 3 years.

A 7th rounder that doesn't realize that he needs to make sure he's early to everything, gets reprimanded and then does it again. I wouldn't take that bet.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Maybe we let him go because we know he'd jump on it if we offer to sign him off some other team's PS. He always wanted to play for the Cowboys.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Wow. He sounded pretty bummed.

It's his own fault. It's pitiful. He blew a great opportunity from an organization who tried to believe in him and give him a chance. And look how he repaid them ... not being disciplined. Not taking advantage of the opportunity. Not taking it serious ... etc. etc.