Aikman on the Ticket this morning

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Didn't see anyone recap his morning show on The Ticket here. I only managed to catch part of it today.

But key thing for me was, he talking about Romo. He basically said that "When there is 3rd and 12 etc., I always get the feeling that Romo will somehow get a first down". Or something to that effect. He did say, he doesn't know if anyone else feels that way, but he said, thats what he feels like.

Now I have to say, I have to come to the same type of feel too. Just wanted to post that, to show to still any doubters who have said in past, Aikman doesn't want any other QB to do well with Cowboys.

gbrittain

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1199460 said:
Didn't see anyone recap his morning show on The Ticket here. I only managed to catch part of it today.

But key thing for me was, he talking about Romo. He basically said that "When there is 3rd and 12 etc., I always get the feeling that Romo will somehow get a first down". Or something to that effect. He did say, he doesn't know if anyone else feels that way, but he said, thats what he feels like.

Now I have to say, I have to come to the same type of feel too. Just wanted to post that, to show to still any doubters who have said in past, Aikman doesn't want any other QB to do well with Cowboys.

I have been saying the same thing about Romo. The last time I had confidence that Dallas could convert on 3rd and long was well back when Aikman was in his prime.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, because people always share their true feelings in public. Yikes.

P.S. Troy also publicly backed Switzer.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I've heard Troy say this numerous times about Romo. I think we all get that feeling on 3rd down because Romo's completion percentage on 3rd down is unreal. It'll be interesting to see how Romo performs in the playoffs because pressure seems to only elevate his game.

Daudr

Reaction score
That's because with Bledsoe this year the Cowboys converted only 23% (apparently that is close to the NFL average) on 3rd and 7+ yards. With Romo the Cowboys are converting a whopping 44% on 3rd and 7+ yards. I got these stats from an article I read today, but I don't remember which one it was (I apologize to the writer that actually did the research on this).

gbrittain

Reaction score
bbgun;1199471 said:

And your implication is and why?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I'm just glad I don't have to watch a draw play go for 4 yards on 3rd and 7 anymore.

I wonder how many times we pass the ball vs. run the on 3rd and 7 or greater when Romo is in vs. when Bledsoe was in.

Yay! No more give up plays.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
bbgun;1199471 said:

Whats with all the Aikman hate? Why does it even matter if Troy liked Romo or not? You think Troy is really that vain?

Undisputed

Reaction score
I have the same feeling. Oh have I missed that feeling. I don't care if it is 3rd and 20 with Romo. I always feel like we have a shot at getting that 1st. Romo simply utilizes our weapons to perfect.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I agree.....ROMO gives me a good feeling about every play....he is spoiling me!

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
The 3rd down conversions is what I like about Romo as well. He just goes for the 1st down more often than not....hopefully, he'll keep picking them up.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
bbgun;1199471 said:

Good Lord... :rolleyes:

MONT17

Reaction score
can we get a recap... or are we just going to beat the horse!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
On 3rd and 8+ downs, Romo throws a first down 56.5% of the time.

Yes, that leads the league.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1199460 said:

There's only one doubter, and the whole notion is asinine.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I'm not surprised he's over 50% on 3rd and long. He certainly seems to convert them more often than I can remember anybody else ever doing it. I would have been too young to remember how often Aikmen did though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;1199471 said:

:rolleyes:

geez

as for the PS part, apparently you dont recall why he "backed" Switzer

David

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dont worry ...... the troll is getting more and more anti-Cowboy

He will get himself banned again soon.