Aikman talks Favre, his situation back in the day - 8/6/08

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Interesting how he and Michael Irvin have similiar opinions about Brett Farve. No Wonder Irvin always says, Aikman was great and Aikman says the same about Irvin. Team always comes first to both of them.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2178730 said:
Interesting how he and Michael Irvin have similiar opinions about Brett Farve. No Wonder Irvin always says, Aikman was great and Aikman says the same about Irvin. Team always comes first to both of them.

It was never more evident when Irvin was walking through Canton a while back and came up to Aikman's bust and said to the younger guys "this here, this is my guy"... "I love this man"............. something to that effect

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I'm grateful to you for always posting these audio links to the interview. But could someone transcribe a little of this? I've been waiting all week to know what Aikman has to say but I really am not in a situation to sit and listen right now. I'd appreciate it. :D

CoCo

Reaction score
My feelings on Favre's situation and retirements of legends in general mirror Aikman's.

If Favre wants to play, let the guy play, somewhere! Washed up? Tarnished image? Only as a Packer? Sorry, I just don't buy that stuff. He owes nothing to anyone that he isn't contractually bound to. He wants to play, so let him. We of course don't owe him attention. But that's another issue...

I really don't get people who insist their "hero" go out in storybook fashion (a la Elway's 2 SB's) or never don the uni of another team. It may not be my preference as a fan but why the heck should any pro athlete care more about my desires than their very own when closing the book on a career they have invested everything into.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman is such a straight-up stud.