Alabama names Kalen DeBoer new Head Coach

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Wow. Striking while iron is hot I guess.

He's won big everywhere he's been, but following the GOAT is still a daunting challenge

This will be interesting as it unfolds

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Alabama clearly knew who they wanted to make him HC this quickly
Absolutely. 48 hours from Saban retiring to making a new hire

Remarkably quick turnaround

Can't argue with Deboer's results. He's won huge every place he's coached

Hardline

Reaction score
He has no ties to recruiting in the south. That could come back to bite Alabama;

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He has no ties to recruiting in the south. That could come back to bite Alabama;
We'll see how it shakes out, but so far the headlines I'm reading have more guys entering transfer portal due to DeBoer's departure than to Saban's retirement.

Don't understand why Bama's #2 receiver was first to transfer. If I'm a receiver, I know DeBoers is going to let it rip as long as he has a good QB.

#2 Pass offense this year, #1 pass offense last year.

1942willys

Reaction score
We'll see how it shakes out, but so far the headlines I'm reading have more guys entering transfer portal due to DeBoer's departure than to Saban's retirement.

Don't understand why Bama's #2 receiver was first to transfer. If I'm a receiver, I know DeBoers is going to let it rip as long as he has a good QB.

#2 Pass offense this year, #1 pass offense last year.
Well of course he is a unknown to the recruits Saban has been pursuing; but its still Alabama. And one thing in his factor is that they know outside of failing badly he is going to be around for several years. With Saban these last few seasons there were rumors that the recruits certainly heard.