Alan Branch NT

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan: His combination of tremendous strength, athleticism and drive makes him a consistent run-stuffing force. Branch probably is a better fit as a nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme rather than as a tackle who is asked mainly to rely on quick penetration in a four-man front. The underclassman excels at gaining separation from blockers and making plays at the line of scrimmage. He does a nice job of maintaining his ground, even against double-team blocking. Branch gets high marks for his instincts and ability to correctly anticipate a play. He makes good use of his long arms to tip passes at the line, but could develop some better moves to rush the passer.

http://www.mgoblue.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=2982&section_id=258&top=2&level=3&season=983

Man if this guy is still there and if we stay with the 3-4 (Which it looks like we will) he is the guy we need to challenge and eventually replace Fergy at the NT spot. What are the odds he doesn't get gobbled up in the draft???:D

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
That'd be nice to get him, but I don't think I've seen a mock yet where's fallen out of the top 10.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I think we should go after that Calvin Johnson fellow. :cool:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;1381019 said:
I think we should go after that Calvin Johnson fellow. :cool:

Naw, stop thinking small...

Calvin Johnson in the first round...

Brady Quinn in the second round...

Adrian Peterson in the third round...

Joe Thomas in the fourth round...

LaRon Landry in the fifth round...

Adam Carriker in the sixth round...

Michael Griffin in the seventh round...

Aaron Ross in the seventh round...

Manny Ramirez in the seventh round...

The Boys ought to be a little bit better after a draft like that... :D

Reaction score

Roughneck

Reaction score
ELDudearino;1381005 said:
http://www.mgoblue.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=2982&section_id=258&top=2&level=3&season=983

Man if this guy is still there and if we stay with the 3-4 (Which it looks like we will) he is the guy we need to challenge and eventually replace Fergy at the NT spot. What are the odds he doesn't get gobbled up in the draft???:D
While we're at it lets try and get Dwight Freeney to stick beside him. I bet Indy would trade him for a 7th Round Pick. They might even throw in Peyton also, you know, to sweeten the pot.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I don't think Branch falls out of the top 10, but he himself has said "I got my grade back (from the NFL) and it said solid first round, middle to late first round".

Extremely doubtful he falls though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear;1381028 said:
There isn't a snowball's chance in Hades of him still being on the board after the 10th pick...

oh I'd say there's a chance of that...but there likely very little (if any) that he is there when we pick

David