All 23 TD from Dak

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Saw a lot of sideline passes there, @erod :)

I saw all kinds of throws but the most important is Dak put the ball where the WR can make the easy grab. Granted this was just TD throws but Dak threw all of passes that were easy for the WR or RB to make and led them so they could make plays after the catch.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I saw all kinds of throws but the most important is Dak put the ball where the WR can make the easy grab. Granted this was just TD throws but Dak threw all of passes that were easy for the WR or RB to make and led them so they could make plays after the catch.
Yup. He also escaped the rush on several of those throws. Found the sweet spot of the pocket and unleashed. That isn't taught. That's instincts. And on a couple, took the snap from behind the center w/o playaction.

He is Brady-esque in every sense of the word to me (his passing ability, purely). He attacks what's given. And we only saw the TD throws, there were many others that weren't TDs that were beauts throughout our season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yup. He also escaped the rush on several of those throws. Found the sweet spot of the pocket and unleashed. That isn't taught. That's instincts. And on a couple, took the snap from behind the center w/o playaction.

He is Brady-esque in every sense of the word to me (his passing ability, purely). He attacks what's given. And we only saw the TD throws, there were many others that weren't TDs that were beauts throughout our season.

I know some talked about him not throwing into tight windows but much of the time his movement out of the pocket allowed for some easy throw more or less making that window bigger instead of trying to force a ball.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I know some talked about him not throwing into tight windows but much of the time his movement out of the pocket allowed for some easy throw more or less making that window bigger instead of trying to force a ball.
Meh. He threw into tight windows, too.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
True but seldom forced a ball into bad spots.

And he won't, ever. That's not the style of Quarterback he is.

He's smart - Romo was smart - but Dak is wired to take the safer play, either by throwing it away, checking it down, or trying to get it with his feet instead of throwing a risky pass -- even if the reward may be high.

You can't win if you're giving the ball to the opponent. It's great to have a ball security quarterback who also has the makings of an elite quarterback.