All these questions surrounding the 2024 season so far

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What will these young lineman do for us, are they good enough. Is the QB we gave up a fourth going to be worth it. We have a load of running backs, is the starter actually on this team right now? Can we find depth behind Ferguson at the TE position, will Schoon or one or these undrafted guys be any good?

We have questions at WR depth, DT depth and CB depth. With that said all these questions, but what if, just what if these young guys step up and exceed expectations? I can see it happening, is it reality, maybe not so. Why not be hopeful at least, please give your thoughts

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lots of questions there, Coog. We'll have to wait and see. I believe we can have a great team this year but, as you pointed out, we have a lot of new guys that we are counting on to step up. We don't normally count on so many newbies to step up. I'm not sure the Cowboys don't plan on allowing Dak to play the season without a contract extension. Dak has indicated he's willing to do that with comments like he has bet on himself before and can do it again. So, to me, Trey Lance sounds more like a backup plan.

Flamma

Reaction score
I believe Ferguson is going to be an exceptional TE. Beyond that, I haven't a clue. Like previously stated, a lot of stuff has to break right for the Cowboys.

Beyond that, my questions are how are the Cowboys going to pay 3 stars in a two year time frame? And is Lamb even playing this year? Are they going to trade him or Parsons?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Lots of questions there, Coog. We'll have to wait and see. I believe we can have a great team this year but, as you pointed out, we have a lot of new guys that we are counting on to step up. We don't normally count on so many newbies to step up. I'm not sure the Cowboys don't plan on allowing Dak to play the season without a contract extension. Dak has indicated he's willing to do that with comments like he has bet on himself before and can do it again. So, to me, Trey Lance sounds more like a backup plan.
I understand complelty. I just wonder if they had this all thought out, or are they saying "let's just see what happens going into this season with Dak/our depth!"

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I believe Ferguson is going to be an exceptional TE. Beyond that, I haven't a clue. Like previously stated, a lot of stuff has to break right for the Cowboys.

Beyond that, my questions are how are the Cowboys going to pay 3 stars in a two year time frame? And is Lamb even playing this year? Are they going to trade him or Parsons?
Why would they trade lamb? If they came out for some reason and said this will be Dak's last year, I as a WR wouldn't want to stay here going with the unknown. If anyone that makes sense, it's Parsons. He can get you some value based on his "pre-hype" for every season that he's going to do this and that and have a GREAT SEASON. Personally i'd like to see him be more dominant that's all. There shouldn't be questions about his game or that many

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I understand complelty. I just wonder if they had this all thought out, or are they saying "let's just see what happens going into this season with Dak/our depth!"
Will McClay is an extremely smart football guy. I'm glad the Jones boys listen to him. I think they had this figured out a long time ago.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe this could very well be Dak's last season regardless of the outcome. If he doesn't do well they will move on coz they can't agree on his value. If he does well, IMO his market value could become way more than they are will to pay. In other words, he could price himself their range.
I could see them bringing in a mid-tier vet QB and building around him ( Wilson, Carr, Fields ) with another top WR and RB and D player.

Flamma

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe this could very well be Dak's last season regardless of the outcome. If he doesn't do well they will move on coz they can't agree on his value. If he does well, IMO his market value could become way more than they are will to pay. In other words, he could price himself their range.
I could see them bringing in a mid-tier vet QB and building around him ( Wilson, Carr, Fields ) with another top WR and RB and D player.
That could be. I have no idea how they intend to solve this 3 player problem. I can't come up with a good solution.

Someone else said in a different thread, when was the last time a team let a QB in their prime hit free agency? I don't mean a bum either. I mean a QB that we all know will get top dollar elsewhere. Cousins?

Most owners take the safe route.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Someone else said in a different thread, when was the last time a team let a QB in their prime hit free agency?
I think Cousins leaving the Commanders was the last one but it doesn't happen often at all, per se. This is why it's an opportunity for Dak that starting QBs in their prime hardly get. If we pay attention it is obvious BOTH sides are preparing for a real possibility this is his final year as a Cowboy QB.