Amazing stat for MVP

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of our NFL MVP. But he definitely makes the Ravens a contender. I get it.

He is a special talent with his running ability. I’ve just never viewed him as a prolific passer. Which isn’t required to be a MVP.

But I was reading this morning a NFL record he set which is pretty frikin impressive.

He’s the first QB in NFL history to beat 10 teams with winning records in a season. Wow!!

1942willys

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of our NFL MVP. But he definitely makes the Ravens a contender. I get it.

He is a special talent with his running ability. I’ve just never viewed him as a prolific passer. Which isn’t required to be a MVP.

But I was reading this morning a NFL record he set which is pretty frikin impressive.

He’s the first QB in NFL history to beat 10 teams with winning records in a season. Wow!!
but in the end just like Dak he is sitting watching the SB

Flamma

Reaction score
Sure but at least made it to champ game. And no shame losing to Mahomes.
I agree with your OP, that is impressive. I'm just not that impressed they got to the championship game. They were the #1 seed. All they had to do is beat a weak Houston team. We don't seem to ever get that luxury. But hey, we probably couldn't even do that. Last year all Philly had in their way was a crap Giants team. The last 2 times we had the #1 seed we had serious contenders to play in the divisional round.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with your OP, that is impressive. I'm just not that impressed they got to the championship game. They were the #1 seed. All they had to do is beat a weak Houston team. We don't seem to ever get that luxury. But hey, we probably couldn't even do that. Last year all Philly had in their way was a crap Giants team. The last 2 times we had the #1 seed we had serious contenders to play in the divisional round.
Yea but getting that 1st seed and best record in NFL is part of the success. They beat 10 teams with a winning record which is a NFL record in a season.

All that stood in their way was arguably one of the greatest QB’s and defending champs .

1942willys

Reaction score
Yea but getting that 1st seed and best record in NFL is part of the success. They beat 10 teams with a winning record which is a NFL record in a season.

All that stood in their way was arguably one of the greatest QB’s and defending champs .
But no matter what, they and he could not close the deal
I agree the roadblock was massive but how many Championship games did Tom Brady end up on the losing side? Four, out of 14.
Now that is a huge bar to jump over, but Mahomes is 4-2 in championship games which is not as tough as those going up against the Pats and Brady

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But no matter what, they and he could not close the deal
I agree the roadblock was massive but how many Championship games did Tom Brady end up on the losing side? Four, out of 14.
Now that is a huge bar to jump over, but Mahomes is 4-2 in championship games which is not as tough as those going up against the Pats and Brady
We’ll see where Mahomes is in another 10 years but he’s the toughest out currently in NFL.

The fact we’re even comparing him to Brady speaks volumes .

I’ll maintain there’s no shame in losing to him at this time.

1942willys

Reaction score
We’ll see where Mahomes is in another 10 years but he’s the toughest out currently in NFL.

The fact we’re even comparing him to Brady speaks volumes .

I’ll maintain there’s no shame in losing to him at this time.
No shame at all but he does have some wood to chop to match brady; but at the same time I would not be surprised.
A big factor will be how long Reid is the coach.

Flamma

Reaction score

Yes. But you don't choose who you play. It's not equal from year to year. The Giants team in 2007 was not the trash the Giants team the Eagles played. The 2016 and 2014 Packers were way better than this year's Texans. The difficulty level of getting there is not the same from year to year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The NFL is so watered down that it makes records like this possible. Really quite sad how few complete teams there are in any given year. With the number of high end QB's at a historic low, the roster flaws are that much more exposed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes. But you don't choose who you play. It's not equal from year to year. The Giants team in 2007 was not the trash the Giants team the Eagles played. The 2016 and 2014 Packers were way better than this year's Texans. The difficulty level of getting there is not the same from year to year.
Right. It’s not even or level from season to season. But it shouldn’t diminish achieving best record . All you can do is take care of business on your schedule.