An interesting Stat to watch today

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Here are two things I've learned from the forum this past week:

1. The Panthers have converted just 23.5 percent of their third downs this season to rank last in the league

2. The Dallas D gives up an average of 6 yards on 1st down this year but the D gets tougher as the downs progress. We have the league leading defense when it comes to allowing 2nd and 3rd down yardage

This says to me that this game will come down to 2 things:

1. That Romo doesn't make rookie mistakes that give the game away

2. That we don't give up big plays on 1st downs. I believe the reason the 1st down yardage is so high is the big play.

I think this is why BP made the two moves he did this week. Stop making QB mistakes and prevent big plays on D and we should win this game. So DB and Watkins go out and Romo and Coleman come in!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Carolina also has allowed an average 83.2 QB Rating this year. So passing against them effectively isn't out of the question.

YAKUZA

Reaction score
I think it's much simpler than that... if Dallas can run the football well, then they win... that leads to less throws by Romo and less time on the field for the D...

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;1124203 said:
Here are two things I've learned from the forum this past week:

1. The Panthers have converted just 23.5 percent of their third downs this season to rank last in the league

2. The Dallas D gives up an average of 6 yards on 1st down this year but the D gets tougher as the downs progress. We have the league leading defense when it comes to allowing 2nd and 3rd down yardage

This says to me that this game will come down to 2 things:

1. That Romo doesn't make rookie mistakes that give the game away

2. That we don't give up big plays on 1st downs. I believe the reason the 1st down yardage is so high is the big play.

I think this is why BP made the two moves he did this week. Stop making QB mistakes and prevent big plays on D and we should win this game. So DB and Watkins go out and Romo and Coleman come in!

I think you are correct. That is the winning formula for any game. We need our defense to make some plays and score some points.

I know delhomme, if we can get him flustered, we can take him out of the game. We need to Defense to jump up and score some points.

My prediction if we win is that Vandy is the MVP. Look for a 19-14 win if our defense plays well.

If the defense plays poorly, look for a 31- 15 loss.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1124219 said:
I think it's much simpler than that... if Dallas can run the football well, then they win... that leads to less throws by Romo and less time on the field for the D...

Actually this supports what I said. If we are running well then Romo is less likely to make a rookie mistake trying to make something happen. Of course we could run well all day and still give up 28 points early on big plays which would put us back into Romo trying to make something happen....still haven't changed my mind :D

Mansta54

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77;1124219 said:

Sounds good but we need Romo to throw. TO, TG, and Witten need the ball in their hands. They are our playmakers. I hope Romo throws often, I have alot of confidence in him. The kid can play, hope BP doesn't handcuff him..

Reaction score
I agree with everything I'll take it one step further causing TO's and not committing them and penalties

Reaction score
Mansta54;1124297 said:
Sounds good but we need Romo to throw. TO, TG, and Witten need the ball in their hands. They are our playmakers. I hope Romo throws often, I have alot of confidence in him. The kid can play, hope BP doesn't handcuff him..

I agree... those receivers need the ball... but, the OL is better at run blocking than pass... which is ********, but it's true...

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Good post. think everyones right. Were gunna kick *** tonight.