An O-line situation

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Trade Colombo for a 5th. *We traded a 5th for Holland, if his cap numbers low($2M I think) its possible

Draft Mike Iupati in the 1st. Hes a 6'5", 320 lb. mauling G/RT.

In the 2nd, you can go BPA at a few spots or trade a few picks to get a Golden Tate, Morgan Burnett(S), Jared Odrick(DL), Maurice Pouncey(G/C), Perish Cox(CB/KR), Javier Arenas(CB/KR)

Then get another T in the 3rd. Kyle Calloway of Iowa is a solid looking RT.

You then go into TC w/ this line:
Flo-Kosier-Gurode-Davis-Free

You cross your fingers w/ Flo but if he struggles you have a 2nd situation:
Free-Kosier-Gurode-Davis-Iupati

As much as Flo has proved I believe we should have several options.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3254596 said:
Trade Colombo for a 5th.

Draft Mike Iupati in the 1st. Hes a 6'5", 320 lb. mauling G/RT.

In the 2nd, you can go BPA at a few spots or trade a few picks to get a Golden Tate, Morgan Burnett(S), Jared Odrick(DL), Maurice Pouncey(G/C)

Then get another T in the 3rd. Kyle Calloway of Iowa is a solid looking RT.

You then go into TC w/ this line:
Flo-Kosier-Gurode-Davis-Free

You cross your fingers w/ Flo but if he struggles you have a 2nd situation:
Free-Kosier-Gurode-Davis-Iupati

As much as Flo has proved I believe we should have several options.

Sorry but had to stop reading there.

warrior43

Reaction score
I couldnt disagree more i would love to see Free at Left Tackle he just seems to be a natural fit i just think Flo is losing it. I know it may not be realistic but i would like to see Flo at LG and Free at LT and Keep Columbo at RT i just like his attitude he brings to the team i know he played terrible the last game so im probably in the minority on columbo but i gotta admit even though he isnt that good i have a man crush on him and his attitude. I wouldnt be against finding a better player at RT but at least Keep Coloumbo around for that reason alone.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
warrior43;3254654 said:
I couldnt disagree more i would love to see Free at Left Tackle he just seems to be a natural fit i just think Flo is losing it. I know it may not be realistic but i would like to see Flo at LG and Free at LT and Keep Columbo at RT i just like his attitude he brings to the team i know he played terrible the last game so im probably in the minority on columbo but i gotta admit even though he isnt that good i have a man crush on him and his attitude. I wouldnt be against finding a better player at RT but at least Keep Coloumbo around for that reason alone.

This is not bailing on a proven LT until youre sure hes done. Its a good situation to have Free step in but that leaves no depth or future starters behind the older linemen.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think we could get a lot more than a 5th for Colombo...personally.

warrior43

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3254805 said:
This is not bailing on a prpven LT until youre sure hes done. Its a good situation to have Free step in but that leaves no depth or future starters behind the older linemen.

Yea you are right depth would be a problem at left tackle

burmafrd

Reaction score
We should not get rid of any of our guys that we KNOW can play until one of the new guys PROVES he can play.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
burmafrd;3254853 said:
We should not get rid of any of our guys that we KNOW can play until one of the new guys PROVES he can play.

Frees better than Colombo imo.

Colombo lets rushers get way too close to Romo imo.

imo

reddyuta

Reaction score
burmafrd;3254853 said:

the same logic should also apply to hamlin ,people are baying for his blood when we dont know if his replacements on our roster can hold up.