Announcing the launch of the new Market Zone forum!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are pleased to announce the addition of a new forum, the Market Zone, to the site! There are a lot of members on CowboysZone and we felt it would be a great idea if we could provide a forum where active members could get together to buy, sell or trade their items and services with each other.

Items and services listed in the Market Zone do not have be football or even sports related. Whether you want to sell your used items such as golf clubs, TVs, cars, etc. or you want to offer your expertise in various areas such as home repair, tech support, legal advice, etc., the Market Zone lets you connect with other CowboysZone members who are potential buyers and clients!

There are rules to posting in that forum so be sure to read all of the sticky threads in the Market Zone before posting!

#reality

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
What a cool idea. I tend to sell computer parts on a fairly regular basis as I upgrade. It'll definitely be nice to be able to do that here where I have a much higher degree of trust than I do elsewhere.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Very cool. When will we be allowed to post in the Market Zone?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4505186 said:
Very cool. When will we be allowed to post in the Market Zone?

You should be able to post there now. It had a bug but I fixed it.. I am sure the bug belonged to Hostile or some other mod not named Reality though! :D

#reality

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Reality;4505300 said:
You should be able to post there now. It had a bug but I fixed it.. I am sure the bug belonged to Hostile or some other mod not named Reality though! :D

#reality

Is it possible that a seller rating system could be setup for the Marketplace forum only? Similar to feedback rating on Ebay, but doesn't have to be so fancy. A starred system would be cool w/ the rating beside it.

That way I would know not to buy anything from Yeagermeister cuz he's a scammer.

I could really see myself using that forum. I sell phones/tablets PC stuff all of the time.

:D

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I still think all Cowboys-related items for sale should be posted in the Fan Zone to give everyone a chance to purchase it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Emperor;4507557 said:
I like the idea, but I still think all Cowboys-related items for sale should be posted in the Fan Zone to give everyone a chance to purchase it.

That's not going to happen I'm afraid .. the Fan Zone is for Cowboys discussions, not buying and selling stuff.

The Market Zone is well positioned to be noticed on the home page so posting them there will give them a lot more exposure for a longer period of time since they would not be bumped off the front page in a few hours.

#reality

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
The Emperor;4507557 said:

Reality;4507583 said:
That's not going to happen I'm afraid .. the Fan Zone is for Cowboys discussions, not buying and selling stuff.

The Market Zone is well positioned to be noticed on the home page so posting them there will give them a lot more exposure for a longer period of time since they would not be bumped off the front page in a few hours.

#reality

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about.

Over in the Market Zone right now, you've got autographed helmets, bootleg DVDs, etc. for sale. I agree with you. Who wants that cluttering the Fan Zone?

However, I think the real items that everyone wants -- game tickets -- would get lost in the shuffle over there.

I think an exception should be made for game tickets. I think people should still be able to post those for sale in the Fan Zone instead of having them lost amidst autographed items over in the Market Zone. Everyone wants to go to a game, even if they can't afford it. Not everyone wants an autographed Charles Haley tutu.

That's my contention.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Emperor;4507713 said:
I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about.

Over in the Market Zone right now, you've got autographed helmets, bootleg DVDs, etc. for sale. I agree with you. Who wants that cluttering the Fan Zone?

However, I think the real items that everyone wants -- game tickets -- would get lost in the shuffle over there.

I think an exception should be made for game tickets. I think people should still be able to post those for sale in the Fan Zone instead of having them lost amidst autographed items over in the Market Zone. Everyone wants to go to a game, even if they can't afford it. Not everyone wants an autographed Charles Haley tutu.

That's my contention.
The abuse potential is way too great and there is no longer a reason for it. The Market Zone is perfect for buying and selling game tickets as well as other items.

#reality

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
Reality;4507749 said:
The abuse potential is way too great and there is no longer a reason for it. The Market Zone is perfect for buying and selling game tickets as well as other items.

#reality

Okay then. I just wanted to express my opinion, and the new status quo doesn't drastically change my experience here. I don't have anything to sell, but I've always liked seeing the game ticket opportunities in the Fan Zone.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Are you guys ever going to let me sleep!!!!

Great idea!!

I got a couple of kids............cheap. :D