Another Coach to think about

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I hope BP comes back for atleast one more year to finish what's he's started here but looking to the future one coach I've been impressed by a lot that doesn't get mentioned is Mike Shula at Bama. He has taken a team on probation and brought them back into contention. He has done this with a lot of recruits who couldn't go elsewhere, and with limited scholarships. Bama has had top 10 D's the past couple seasons and a well balanced Offense. Is he ready for the NFL maybe not yet but I'd keep my eye on him in the seasons to come.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
I think hes a better option than "Rich Rodriguez". I hate all this coach talk meanwhile we already have one...

jksmith269

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
I think hes a better option than "Rich Rodriguez". I hate all this coach talk meanwhile we already have one...
I hope BP stays around I'm just looking down the road when BP leaves if Mike is available I hope we look at him... That's all nothing more....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I hope BP comes back for atleast one more year to finish what's he's started here but looking to the future one coach I've been impressed by a lot that doesn't get mentioned is Mike Shula at Bama. He has taken a team on probation and brought them back into contention. He has done this with a lot of recruits who couldn't go elsewhere, and with limited scholarships. Bama has had top 10 D's the past couple seasons and a well balanced Offense. Is he ready for the NFL maybe not yet but I'd keep my eye on him in the seasons to come.
If we end up making a Coaching chane I have a very real par tof me that wants a young, hungry coach who could be here for a long time.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Another name I really like is Urban Myer....I think he needs more time in the college ranks, but he's creating a very impressive track record where ever he goes.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

Well, if the one we had would simply say "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" all the talk and speculation would end. :D

jksmith269

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Another name I really like is Urban Myer....I think he needs more time in the college ranks, but he's creating a very impressive track record where ever he goes.
I like Meyer but I don't think his games translates to the NFL like Shula's would. Meyer's O reminds me of the run-n-gun or what ever houston and atlanta called it.

Shula is young 40 with a very strong background in football. I think he gets the little things it takes to be a winner.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Well, if the one we had would simply say "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere" all the talk and speculation would end. :D

And the suicide rate might jump. :D