Another genius move by ESPN

Hiero

Reaction score
terrance copper now is known as cooper apparently. who does the research for espn?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hiero said:
terrance copper now is known as cooper apparently. who does the research for espn?

At this point... no one...

They are a huge joke to devout fans of anything other than baseball...

What they don't realize is that baseball ceased to be the American past-time 30 years ago...

I was a baseball geek when I was a mere young lad, but I gave it up long ago... they still don't have the memo...

The USA cares about football, football and football...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
With all due respect to them...many on this board called him Cooper his rookie season as well.

MONT17

Reaction score
I'm waiting for ESPN to start showing the World Series of Dice... come on seven!

DBoys

Reaction score
trickblue said:

What they don't realize is that baseball ceased to be the American past-time 30 years ago...

I was a baseball geek when I was a mere young lad, but I gave it up long ago... they still don't have the memo...

The dopers breaking the home run record confirms your point trick. If they had something special like football they would be able to take a stand and do something about it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
DBoys said:
The dopers breaking the home run record confirms your point trick. If they had something special like football they would be able to take a stand and do something about it.

The fact that they don't rings true....

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Musers were going over the announcing lineups of all the networks carrying televised NFL games this year, and ESPN is going to be just gawd-awfull. Theisman, Tirico and Kornheiser in the both, with not one but TWO worthless sideline reporters. Boomer, Steve Young, Irvin and whatever else blowhard they got in studio. Its going to be so personality-driven, and the game is going to sit in the far, far, far backseat.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Tom Laundry, Terrence Cooper, Jason Whitten, Andres Gurode, Flozelle Adams, Rob Petittie, and Marco Riviera are just a few that I have seen on this and other Cowboys forums on a regular basis. These are by Cowboys fans who ought to know how to spell the names of our players.

I wouldn't make TOO much out of ESPN's failure to be accurate but they are at least getting paid to get it right and still can't seem to do it.

I can't begin to count the number of times I have seen Cowboys fans spell Witten as 'Whitten'. You'd think that by now they would have figured it out.

If you don't know how to spell the player's name then go here: http://www.dallascowboys.com/team_roster.cfm It don't cost nothin.

superpunk

Reaction score
I don't mind them not knowing the exact spelling of our 4th WR so much as I mind them telling us our star receiver just contracted polio, and will be out until Sean Salisbury says so.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
trickblue said:

Hey, baseball is enjoying a resurgence in attendence and in ratings, while football is still the #1 sport baseball isn't too far behind.

At least when we have our World Series we don't have to question the calls ;) Now an Angels/White Sox game, different story. BTW - ESPN sucks in baseball, their East Coast bias towards Boston/NYYanks/NYMets really shows. I only wish I kept the quotes those writers screamed when A-Rod signed here, about Hicks/Texas/A-Rod. Of course when he was traded he was the second coming of Babe Ruth

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
trickblue said:

I would add to that NCAA basketball in March.

I used to be a NY Knicks season ticket holder, but I can't even watch the NBA anymore.

Baseball in NY is still cool (Mets and Yankees in 1st place), but not really anything really interesting until late September early October.

I hardly ever put ESPN on anymore, although I did apply for an IT job there like 6 months ago, they are about 35-40 minutes from me.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i saw them call him cooper yesterday too, but i noticed in every single game played on espn they would say "returning the kick for the cowboys will be Tyson Thompson and Terrance Cooper"