Another Mock w/Trades

Sandyf

Reaction score
Bored. Something different. Probably none will happen.

Ruggs still on the board at 17 so Minnesota wants to move up for him. Dallas receives #22, #25, and #89 for #17, #51 and Hill DT (who doesn't fit what Nolan wants in a DT).

With Gross-Mateo still on the board, Detroit calls Dallas to make sure they get him and overpays. Dallas gets #35, #67, and #182 - Detroit gets #25.

After Cincinnati pulls a massive trade with Miami getting #5, #18, #26, #39 and #70 and still get Burrows at #5, they want to provide some veteran help on the OL and surprisingly Dallas is willing to part with Connor Williams. Dallas receives #39 and #70 for Williams.

22. Ross Blacklock DT TCU - massive guy with great athletic ability should learn well from McCoy.
35. Grant Delpit S LSU - will fit in nicely with Nolan's defense
39. Jordan Elliott DT Missouri - should be a great NT and spell Poe when needed
67. Denzel Mims WR Baylor - probably not there although several boards have him as a 3rd rounder
70. Bryce Hall CB Virginia - has loads of great qualities but a bit of injury history pushes him down
82. Tyler Biadasz OC Wisconsin - someone to take Frederick spot
89. Jeremy Chinn S S. Illinois - small school guys are going to drop in this year's draft
123. Bryce Hall DE Memphis - my sleeper pick, this is a guy that I believe will really surprise
164. Thaddeus Moss TE LSU - could be an IR candidate in 2020 but worth the pick
182. Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa - another sleeper guy that could be very, very good.
231. DeeJay Dallas RB Miami - good return guy in both punts and kickoffs, good ST, plus guy
UDFA. Steven Montez QB Colorado - should be able to win the 2nd or 3rd spot behind Dak.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
"Ruggs still on the board at 17 so Minnesota wants to move up for him. Dallas receives #22, #25, and #89 for #17, #51 and Hill DT (who doesn't fit what Nolan wants in a DT)"

:facepalm:

"After Cincinnati pulls a massive trade with Miami getting #5, #18, #26, #39 and #70 and still get Burrows at #5, they want to provide some veteran help on the OL and surprisingly Dallas is willing to part with Connor Williams. Dallas receives #39 and #70 for Williams."
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why didn't you trade a 5th rounder for Mahomes? That would make our team really good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ruggs still on the board at 17 so Minnesota wants to move up for him. Dallas receives #22, #25, and #89 for #17, #51 and Hill DT (who doesn't fit what Nolan wants in a DT).

With Gross-Mateo still on the board, Detroit calls Dallas to make sure they get him and overpays. Dallas gets #35, #67, and #182 - Detroit gets #25.

After Cincinnati pulls a massive trade with Miami getting #5, #18, #26, #39 and #70 and still get Burrows at #5, they want to provide some veteran help on the OL and surprisingly Dallas is willing to part with Connor Williams. Dallas receives #39 and #70 for Williams.

22. Ross Blacklock DT TCU - massive guy with great athletic ability should learn well from McCoy.
67. Denzel Mims WR Baylor - probably not there although several boards have him as a 3rd rounder
70. Bryce Hall CB Virginia - has loads of great qualities but a bit of injury history pushes him down
89. Jeremy Chinn S S. Illinois - small school guys are going to drop in this year's draft
123. Bryce Hall DE Memphis - my sleeper pick, this is a guy that I believe will really surprise
182. Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa - another sleeper guy that could be very, very good.
231. DeeJay Dallas RB Miami - good return guy in both punts and kickoffs, good ST, plus guy
UDFA. Steven Montez QB Colorado - should be able to win the 2nd or 3rd spot behind Dak.

My similar mock:

Cowboys trade all players on the roster and all draft for the next 10 years and obtain all picks in the 2020 NFL draft.

JBS

Reaction score
"Ruggs still on the board at 17 so Minnesota wants to move up for him. Dallas receives #22, #25, and #89 for #17, #51 and Hill DT (who doesn't fit what Nolan wants in a DT)"

:facepalm:

"After Cincinnati pulls a massive trade with Miami getting #5, #18, #26, #39 and #70 and still get Burrows at #5, they want to provide some veteran help on the OL and surprisingly Dallas is willing to part with Connor Williams. Dallas receives #39 and #70 for Williams."
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Why didn't you trade a 5th rounder for Mahomes? That would make our team really good.

Why would you even offer a 5th for Mahomes?

I was thinking Forbath for Mahomes straight up..we have two kickers

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Just on the DT position...

Blacklock is 6'3, 290. He's no more or less what Nolan would want than Hill. They also signed McCoy...who is just an older version of those two.

24LE

Reaction score
About this time every year Broaddus or Helman usually have a line on whom they hear the staff really has zeroed in on for the first pick. I hear none of this on the site or even discussed. Wonder if the new staff is so tight lipped nothing is coming out.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I like Blacklock, but there are a lot of DL I'd take ahead of him.

vnick

Reaction score

Probably...how about definitely.

Carson

Reaction score
I'll give you a like for thinking crazy. 0% this will happen. But likely 99% of the crap we all post wont happen either

giphy.gif

Williamsboys

Reaction score
You know I really like the players Dallas acquires here, but I really have little faith in the guys in our draft room anymore. This isnt the Jimmy Johnson era where he wheeled and dealed , and with our owner in control of things, nothing will change. Like someone once said "Jerry Jones would rather lose His way than to win someone elses way.