Another possible great career cut short by stupidity. (maybe?)

JBond

Reaction score

Early on Saturday morning (the day before the Chiefs were to play the Jets) RB Larry Johnson was arrested for Assault for the 2nd time in two years. He was on probation for an assault stemming from an incident 18 months ago. He received probation. If convicted he would have to serve 30 months.

Some (including myself) wanted BP to trade Antonio Bryant to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson when the Chiefs were hard up for healthy WR’s. Glad that didn’t happen.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
JBond said:

Early on Saturday morning (the day before the Chiefs were to play the Jets) RB Larry Johnson was arrested for Assault for the 2nd time in two years. He was on probation for an assault stemming from an incident 18 months ago. He received probation. If convicted he would have to serve 30 months.

Some (including myself) wanted BP to trade Antonio Bryant to the Chiefs for Larry Johnson when the Chiefs were hard up for healthy WR’s. Glad that didn’t happen.

Apparently this comes as no surprise to the Penn State faithful...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/keepers_01/morans.jpg

TheHustler

Reaction score
doubt it. lots of nfl players get free passes when it comes to stuff like this. even if he does have to serve, i bet they get it post poned till after the season is over, just like jamal lewis.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Apparently this comes as no surprise to the Penn State faithful...

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/keepers_01/morans.jpg

LMAO

:laugh2:

JPostSam

Reaction score
is that the team said the incident wouldn't hurt his standing with the team.

...cuz, why should the team care that he beats up his girlfriend?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I'm sorry but as of now I've only heard one side of this and its from neither the girlfriend or LJ its from a news paper that said he shoved her and yanked her and that she said was not true. From what she has said she didn't want to report it didnt' think much of it but after pressure from her friends she asked for a report to be made. (I smell lawsuit) now is it possible she saw LJ with another woman got mad tried to slap him and he caught her arm and just removed her from around him? Not saying thats what happened but until we hear his side don't convict him. Like I said her friends prob smelled money if he breaks up with her she will sue.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
JPostSam said:
is that the team said the incident wouldn't hurt his standing with the team.

...cuz, why should the team care that he beats up his girlfriend?

If you've got an argument for why it should, make it. Seems to me that the last thing the team should be involving itself in is the guy's personal life.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Have to laugh - this is not the first time he has gotten into trouble.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
seems like some of the best are quite eccentric and troublesome

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Not saying thats what happened but until we hear his side don't convict him. Like I said her friends prob smelled money if he breaks up with her she will sue.

So it isn't cool to convict him but suggesting that his girlfriend is a gold-digger is OK? That's BS.

Blame the victim. Nice.