Another update from Shreveport

50cent

Reaction score
I was surprised to see no other than Charlie Casserly for more than one reason. I forgot that he no longer was with the Texans and interesed to find out that he was working with CBS. Wonder if he regrets not taking Bush. Nice guy too, sat down with me for about 5 minutes just to talk football. Back to the Boys.

I'll admit, I suck at this but Here's another go. Talked to several guys last night.

Chris Canty- My new favorite Cowboy. walked up to him to see how is health was and he immediately paused with this confident look and said " Lokk at this body, you can't tell." My jaw dropped at how confident he was. This guy has a great personality. He then took off his glasses and I saw the scar from his eye surgery. I instantly gained respect for his situation. He said the best thing that happened to him was this off-season. He knew he was going well after matching up with Walter Jones last week, whom he considers one of the best OL in the league. My question to all of the defensive players, was which guy was the surprise player of camp. Without hesitating he Greg Ellis could take the defense to another level. Mentioned PB.

Drew Bledsoe - Didn't actually talk to him, but was around for his frenzy post-game interview. I was pleased to hear him anwser one question. He was asked if he was more excited to play with the Romo talk. He cooled that off with a simple, NO!

Pat Watkins - Asked him if he was surprised with the playing time with the 1st team. He said he was very surprised. He had been working with the 1 st tea in practice, but was surprised at how much time he got with them during the game. Real humble guy that you can tell takes the game serious. This guy asked him if he was in aw of the game as a rookie. He had this look on his face like he wanted to say something else, but just went with , "Naw, FSU won't let that happen to you."

Marcus Spears- Ball of fire. Eve after the game. Said being back home got him pumped and was glad it was a pre-season game, because his family would have killed for tickets had it been in LA for a regular season game. I knew Spears from his HS playing days as a coach in basketball. He was pretty good, but when I saw him and the tranformation of his body, I knew he was working. Said the knee was at 95% and was 10 times better than last season. When asked about the surprising player, he said Ratliff. Surprised me because the play the same position, but was refreshing because it made me feel he was a team player. Called Ratliff a baller and had it not been for the ankle last year, Ratliff would have played a bigger role down the stretch. Said the rivalry between the 2, more about the team. Also said Elllis was the key, because of the knowledge he has on down and distance. Their lockers were next to each others.

Greg Ellis - Only wanted to know one thing from him. How the transitions was coming. Said he's getting more comfortable everyday and likes it now. He can see light at the end of the tunnle(My words), BUT IS HAVING FUN NOW!

Sean Ryan - Sporting a new mohawk that I had not seen. ALA Merriman, have pics too. Said he messed up in the back but wanted to try something new.

Rocky Boiman - Showed me the thumb. He's a tough ***. Has slits on every side of his thumb from the surgery and said he hasn't missed a beat. Will play with it a soft cast around it or taped each week. Looks absoluely nast fellows.

Bradie James - James said he couldn't realy pen-point a surprise player, but he feels like he is in mid-season form. Felt good to be back home though.

Talked o some others that I'll update later with the pics, but got Canty in a rare moment. He leaned over to me (6'7 to 5'7) and whispered in my ear, that this defense will dominate and will be near the top. I asked him about the team goal(defense), but he said that was between the boys.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Your Sir, Rock! Looks like the players really respect you! Keep it up! And don't fall into the trap of being a jackarse to create headlines and controversy! ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is absolutely great great info 50cent.

My one wish is if you'd been able to catch Terry Glenn.

Sucks you're doing Saints radio.

Funxva

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That is absolutely great great info 50cent.

My one wish is if you'd been able to catch Terry Glenn.

Sucks you're doing Saints radio.

We know where you'd want to catch TG! ;) LockerRoom Confessions! :D

50cent

Reaction score
Funxva said:
Your Sir, Rock! Looks like the players really respect you! Keep it up! And don't fall into the trap of being a jackarse to create headlines and controversy! ;)
Its funny you say this. I actually noticed how the guys talked to me like we were friends and not a part of the media. I guess it was because I didn't ask the typical media questions. Every guy I talked to, we had a laugh and it was more casual than business. I tell my partner all the time that I don't consider myself media, becaus eI hate media guys always looking for contraversy(SP)! They don't know me from Adam, because I'm there to actually cover the Saints. But come on, I'm a Boys fan and there was no way I wouldn't get to their locker room to see the mood of the team. I have a better feeling about this team now and it refreshing. Oh yeah, Flo was walking just fine after the game.

Funxva

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
No that would be LaTunaNostra.

Now Woody OTOH... :p:

Uh-huh... I'm sure given the chance you would just look the other way. :D

Funxva

Reaction score
50cent said:
Its funny you say this. I actually noticed how the guys talked to me like we were friends and not a part of the media. I guess it was because I didn't ask the typical media questions. Every guy I talked to, we had a laugh and it was more casual than business. I tell my partner all the time that I don't consider myself media, becaus eI hate media guys always looking for contraversy(SP)! They don't know me from Adam, because I'm there to actually cover the Saints. But come on, I'm a Boys fan and there was no way I wouldn't get to their locker room to see the mood of the team. I have a better feeling about this team now and it refreshing. Oh yeah, Flo was walking just fine after the game.

I could just tell from the way you wrote it that you weren't an arse... Too bad you can't get in on the travelling roadshow for the boys, you would probably be a great inside track! Now... creating dessention in the Saint's ranks... Nah just kidding.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funxva said:
Uh-huh... I'm sure given the chance you would just look the other way. :D
Of course I would. I mean that would be the right thing to do, right? ;)

Funxva

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Of course I would. I mean that would be the right thing to do, right? ;)

For me? Absolutely. For you? Girl, are you crazy? That's Terry Glenn!:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
50cent said:
I'll admit, I suck at this but Here's another go. Talked to several guys last night.
I sure don't think so. This was great stuff. Thank you.

50cent said:
Chris Canty- My new favorite Cowboy. walked up to him to see how is health was and he immediately paused with this confident look and said " Lokk at this body, you can't tell."
Someone throw some cold water on LTN and WG after that quote.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
The D is on the lo right now because its preseason. They're not showing their hand. I can't wait until regular season. The NFL is gonna be in for a rude awakening. BP is gonn unleash the beast!!! Everything is pretty generic thus far (as it should be). As one great poet said, we don't want to make our move too soon.

Funxva

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I sure don't think so. This was great stuff. Thank you.

Someone throw some cold water on LTN and WG after that quote.

Oh, you said COLD water... Sorry WG, I misunderstood.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funxva said:
Oh, you said COLD water... Sorry WG, I misunderstood.
:laugh2:

Gotta admit, I luv me some Canty too...

Can't go wrong with 6'7" and change of all muscle... mmm, mmm, mmm...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
:laugh2:

Gotta admit, I luv me some Canty too...

Can't go wrong with 6'7" and change of all muscle... mmm, mmm, mmm...
Splash!!!