Another View

Verdict

Reaction score
I know that this thread will be unpopular to some, but I am going to throw it out there anyway. Ha ha. I think overall, we played well enough to beat the Commanders but two things caused us to get a loss rather than a win. One was the Romo interception (it happens, but we need to keep those to a minimum) and more importantly, our run defense was deficient, allowing the Commanders to run the ball, especially toward the end of the game and kill enough clock to douse the flames of our comeback hopes.

I think this defense missed Roy Williams' run support immensely. Roy's pass defense gets picked apart, but if Roy had played this past weekend, the Skins would have had several drives stall out which would have given us more possessions. More possessions is almost always a good thing for this version of the Cowboys.

Maybe the bright side is that we see that Roy brings something to the table that we take for granted to some degree.

rysko

Reaction score
shows how much we need roy williams for run support if you ask me

Boysboy

Reaction score
rysko;2303574 said:
shows how much we need roy williams for run support if you ask me

I myself said this when he went down a couple of weeks ago.

But hey-it's only a 3-4 wk injury, and NOT a season ender. So we'll be fine.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
It's been said. A complete failure of gap control on the defensive side of the ball caused the loss. SEVERAL 3rd downs where made by the Commanders because the Cowboys failed to control their gaps.

Write it down, shelf it, move on.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
On that day...
Campbell > Romo
Portis > Barber
Moss > Owens
Cooley > Witten
Washington D > Dallas D
Zorn > Wade / Garrett

Washington beat us on every level of the game so they deserved the win. We lost because we were beat in every phase. We failed to steal the game because of the things you mentioned.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
On that day...
Campbell > Romo
Portis > Barber
Moss > Owens
Cooley > Witten
Washington D > Dallas D
Zorn > Wade / Garrett
Commanders ST > Cowboys ST

Washington beat us on every level of the game so they deserved the win. We lost because we were beat in every phase. We failed to steal the game because of the things you mentioned...

there ya go... fixed with the addition

I agree with you... Dallas got beat in every phase

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do think that people are starting to realise just how much more valuable he is in the run game than they thought.

I doubt it's going to change the overall perception that the Boys should get rid of Roy but at least now I'd think they've got to be thinking about how much they'd like to have him in that run defense again.