Twitter: Anthony Brown/Dak Prescott cash in NFL performance bonus

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cornerback Anthony Brown and quarterback Dak Prescott cashed in most among the Cowboys in the NFL’s performance-based pay systems. Brown, a sixth-round pick in 2016, collected an extra $437,690.49 and Prescott, a fourth-rounder in 2016, collected $401,006.25. Those were the fourth and ninth highest totals in the league.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anthony Brown at times seemed so much under appreciated on here last year.
However, with Awuzie emerging late last year, and if Jones is moved to CB, Brown will be a back up but will be much needed depth.
I like how our CB situation has shaped up. We still need to get those S spots fixed and woods looks really good, but he may have a little Wilcox in him on some angle, but he is so much better and can get better at those angles. Wilcox could not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
However, with Awuzie emerging late last year, and if Jones is moved to CB, Brown will be a back up but will be much needed depth.
I like how our CB situation has shaped up. We still need to get those S spots fixed and woods looks really good, but he may have a little Wilcox in him on some angle, but he is so much better and can get better at those angles. Wilcox could not.
And Woods is so much more NFL ready than Wilcox was? I'm loving this secondary.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

These bonuses have nothing to do with how well you play but how much you play. As evidenced by Prescott being eligible for one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
These bonuses have nothing to do with how well you play but how much you play. As evidenced by Prescott being eligible for one.
still ridiculous as i see more and more Dak posts on how poor he played..Sure he had a late season setback where his play was effected by his 2nd year being exposed with all his stars in front of him collapse as did the whole FN offense..BUT I have to say this for the sixth time, his numbers were nearly identical to Derek Carrs and Carr made the FN Pro bowl.. yes these iincentives are more based on snaps etc but PUleease stop the dak bashing,,His number simply didn't live upo to his 2016 Campaign but they were far from being Poor..they were average and in this league that's not bad considering what all the guys below him did and teams with those bad qbs would snap dak up in a minute..so again the entire team had a down year most because of bad timing with Injuries and suspensions some cuts and retirements all coinciding with that 3game in 12 days horrible scheduling..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
still ridiculous as i see more and more Dak posts on how poor he played..Sure he had a late season setback where his play was effected by his 2nd year being exposed with all his stars in front of him collapse as did the whole FN offense..BUT I have to say this for the sixth time, his numbers were nearly identical to Derek Carrs and Carr made the FN Pro bowl.. yes these iincentives are more based on snaps etc but PUleease stop the dak bashing,,His number simply didn't live upo to his 2016 Campaign but they were far from being Poor..they were average and in this league that's not bad considering what all the guys below him did and teams with those bad qbs would snap dak up in a minute..so again the entire team had a down year most because of bad timing with Injuries and suspensions some cuts and retirements all coinciding with that 3game in 12 days horrible scheduling..
this man gets it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes I know that, and for the most part yes. But I still feel Brown was under appreciated.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Why anybody would be content with their favorite team’s QB being average, is beyond me...

I want my team’s QB to be upper echelon. Maybe thats just me tho

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why anybody would be content with their favorite team’s QB being average, is beyond me...

no one said i was content but im sick of the bashing of a 2nd year QB who hit bump in the road but in no way deserves this BS on here..Especially considering what he did in 2016 and really the first 8 games of last year...Im just standing up for my QB maybe you should do the same as a REAL FAN of your Fave team...uh hmmm..:))

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
no one said i was content but im sick of the bashing of a 2nd year QB who hit bump in the road but in no way deserves this BS on here..Especially considering what he did in 2016 and really the first 8 games of last year...Im just standing up for my QB maybe you should do the same as a REAL FAN of your Fave team...uh hmmm..:))
The bump in the road excuse doesnt fly with me. Look at Wentz. Starting LT and RB went down, and he still performed at an MVP level.

Our QB played at a practice squad level when the same thing happened here...

dfense

Reaction score
I don't think it's a stat thing with Dak. It's more of a situational fail thing. Like anything longer than 3rd and 8 was a 80% chance of punt on the next play.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a good 4th corner. Acceptable 3 even. Quality depth. That was a nice draft pick.

Yes, and he can be effective with less snaps and put in the right situation. Or even if he needs to play a half here and there. But with Awuzie, Jones and Lewis at CB, Brown will be right where he needs to be, depth.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bump in the road excuse doesnt fly with me. Look at Wentz. Starting LT and RB went down, and he still performed at an MVP level.

Our QB played at a practice squad level when the same thing happened here...

I take it you remember all those games where 150 yards passing was an achievement.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Agree. We need a blue chip QB that can lead the team to victories in the playoffs instead of being captain comeback against 3-13 quality teams. Can we please finally invest in a top QB and quit meddling around with undrafted free agents and mid round draft picks.