Anticipation is Collins & Wilson will be added to the practice squad Thursday

Creeper

Reaction score
I heard that Collins looked really good in his workout. I think it was Patrick Walker who said Collins looks to be in really good shape and he heard that he looked good in his workout too. Maybe Collins grew up a little and is taking the game seriously. I always liked him on the field. I recall when there was a bad hit on the Cowboys QB Collins was always there as the enforcer. He has some fight in him, the only question is, does he have any physical ability left. There was also some talk that the Cowboys were not happy with Edoga after the Miami game because he missed a lot of assignments. The theory is if Tyron goes down, Collins would man the right side and Steele would move over to the left. Sounds scary to me but I guess they are really not happy with Edoga.

Collins looked awful for the Bengals but he was dealing with back and knee injuries. If after almost a year off he is healed up and ready to go, maybe he can be something like he was before his injuries. No harm in adding him to the practice squad.

I don't think he starts unless Dallas has an injury.

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...actice-squad-depth-special-teams-damone-clark

Wilson was a fourth-round pick of the Cowboys in 2015, the same year Collins came to Dallas. He didn’t start as a rookie and tallied just 15 tackles. He would start 22 games over the next three seasons for Dallas and amassed 34, 35, and 37 tackles during those campaigns. Wilson would spend two seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs, where he started 29 games and registered 154 total tackles. His most productive season in the league came in 2021 when he started all 17 games for the Jacksonville Jaguars and produced a career-high 106 tackles and three sacks. Wilson spent the 2022 campaign with the Carolina Panthers and tallied 38 tackles on just 204 snaps.

This isn’t a blockbuster move for the Cowboys, it’s simply to get a veteran guy in the linebacker room after losing Leighton Vander Esch earlier in the year and then recently releasing Rahsaan Evans. That really only left Damone Clark and Markquese Bell as viable options at the position, although the Cowboys do use Donovan Wilson and Jayron Kearse to help out in certain formations.

Now with Vaughn on IR, sign Dalvin Cook and integrate the team from there!