Antonio Bryant/Kelly Holcombe shoving match!

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Bryant and Holcombe got into a shoving match on the sideline after Holcombe through a pick and said that Bryant gave up on the route!

Imagine that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheKey said:
Bryant and Holcombe got into a shoving match on the sideline after Holcombe through a pick and said that Bryant gave up on the route!

Imagine that.
That's impossible AB is a saint :rolleyes:

The Curly One

Reaction score
Call him what you want but he is a much better receiver than Morgan. Like it or not. Curly

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The Curly One said:
Call him what you want but he is a much better receiver than Morgan. Like it or not. Curly

Actually Morgan is roughly the exact same WR. An even trade. Bryant is no more than a #2 or #3 WR at best. Morgan is the same thing.

Morgan brings a little more speed and a much better attitude. Bryant is proving why we let his play and his headcase attitude go. Giving up on routes ... free lancing his routes ... not coming out on certain plays ... generally causing problems.

Personally, I'm glad that CANCER is gone. :gassy1:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Rude said:
You guys are so quick to blame bryant

Hmmmmmmmmm... maybe BP knew ........ naaah nope... it had to be the other guys fault... no way.. AB wouldn't start any trouble..! :rolleyes:

gbrittain

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Actually Morgan is roughly the exact same WR. An even trade. Bryant is no more than a #2 or #3 WR at best. Morgan is the same thing.

Morgan brings a little more speed and a much better attitude. Bryant is proving why we let his play and his headcase attitude go. Giving up on routes ... free lancing his routes ... not coming out on certain plays ... generally causing problems.

Personally, I'm glad that CANCER is gone. :gassy1:

I have to admit I was not happy about that trade, but based upon the latest incident it makes me think AB will never get his act straight.

Big D

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Morgan brings a little more speed and a much better attitude. Bryant is proving why we let his play and his headcase attitude go.

Why is this so hard for ppl to understand?

Derinyar

Reaction score
Talent alone can't do it, unless its truely excessive talent. AB has the talent to be a legit NFL WR, he just doesn't have the head for it. So he will always be a player with potential. Morgan was what we could get for him considering teams were probably waiting for us to release the gas bag.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Holcomb, Bryant hug and make up

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/110474823120502.xml

Monday, January 03, 2005

Houston- Browns quarterback Kelly Holcomb and receiver Antonio Bryant had a heated exchange during the 22-14 victory over the Texans, but they patched things up at halftime.

It occurred after Holcomb threw to Bryant on a left dig route and was picked off by Demarcus Faggins to give Houston the ball at the Browns' 37 with 42 seconds left in the half.

After the pick, Holcomb yelled at Bryant on the sidelines for not fighting hard enough for the ball, according to interim coach Terry Robiskie. Bryant yelled back, and Holcomb pushed him. They had to be separated.

Fortunately for both players, the defense produced another great stand and knocked Houston back 2 yards by the end of the half. As the defensive players jogged off the field, Holcomb shook the hand of almost every one of them.

"Kelly felt Antonio needed to fight more for the ball, but that's just the way Kelly is," Robiskie said. "He's a fighter."

At halftime, Robiskie called the whole team together, put Holcomb and Bryant in the middle of them and made them hug each other. (That's hysterical! :D )

"I said, 'Hey, this isn't Cleveland football,' " Robiskie said. " 'This isn't what we do. We're here to support each other, we've got each others' backs.' I said, 'While you guys were out there screaming and yelling at each other, three plays later, the defense goes out and gets off the field, scot-free.' It didn't cost us."

Bryant said he maintained his composure.

"There were no fists exchanged," he said. "Go watch the film. You won't see Antonio put his hands on nobody, bottom line. I've been in this position a lot of times before, and it's something I'm not going to entertain. You go out and try to play perfect games, and you're going to get frustrated, especially on turnovers and things that change the momentum of the game, but like I said, our defense went out there and did some exceptional things after that."

Before the interception, Bryant had caught six passes from Holcomb for 67 yards. Afterward, Holcomb did not go to him until they connected for a 14-yarder in the fourth quarter that led to a field goal.

(It's hilarious how AB talks about himself in the third person!!)

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Dexter Nguyen said:
Why is this so hard for ppl to understand?

Because this is more about finding excuses for bashing Parcells than it is about a semi-talented, selfish headcase of a NFL reciever.

These people talk as if Bryant has actually accomplished something. What? totally alienating his college football team. Screwing up his first pro football job because of a piss poor attitude.

Antonio Bryant is a nothing loser, he couldn't make a list of the top 200 receivers to ever wear the Cowboy Star. We are lucky he is gone and we actually got a legit NFL player for him, by the time he is through no GM would give you squat for him. I'd bet my money on that.