Antonio Pierce looking like Giant boob... Talks Trash On Romo...

Reaction score
Antonio Pierce looking like Giant boob

By Filip Bondy

It isn't easy being Antonio Pierce, who is trying so very hard to become the next Charles Barkley.

You know what I mean about Barkley. He always had immunity from public prosecution, somehow. He could throw a bar patron through a plate-glass window, spit on a girl at the Meadowlands, and still get a good broadcasting gig while talking about running for governor of Alabama. Everybody always forgot and forgave. "That's just Charles," they would say.

So here we have Pierce, who is also great fun much of the time, a wonderful, playful quote and an impact middle linebacker. But he isn't Barkley. Nobody is. Pierce is in more trouble than he thinks right now, and it is probably time for him to put aside the macho performances for a few months; to start acting his age, which is 30, and his marital status, which is not single.

He may yet get away with the shenanigans. The Giants sure aren't anxious to suspend their spiritual leader. But even if there are no fines or criminal charges against Pierce in the end, his image at the moment is hovering just above juvenile delinquent status.

For somebody still hoping to renegotiate his six-year, $26 million deal, he is likely costing himself a great deal of money. Every time you open the newspaper, or turn on the radio, Pierce is coming off as a complete knucklehead. He's getting into silly trouble at a nightspot or a strip club. He's bundling away a teammate's gun, more out of loyalty than smarts.

And then when Pierce has a bad game against the Eagles - which he did chasing around Brian Westbrook - people are going to think he's just not paying enough attention.

There he was again Thursday at his locker, spouting some sexist nonsense, talking a bit of trash about Tony Romo and all the while saying that none of this is the least bit distracting.

Pierce insisted that when it's Giant time, he's a Giant.

"When you talk to me at work, that's what I deal with," he said.

Well, let's hope so. Meanwhile, Pierce has been interviewed about his life by police, not just by Mike Francesa. Investigators are tracing his steps - and those of pal Plaxico Burress - on the night of Nov.28, and the morning of Nov.29. So far, those footprints go from the strip joint Head Quarters to the nightclub Latin Quarter. Quite a night out for the father of three.

Pierce didn't deny the latest published report of his appearance at Head Quarters on the West Side. He certainly wasn't apologetic.

"Somebody has a camera, good for them. I be where I want to be," Pierce said, defiantly.

Pierce appears unhurried to clear his name. It's got to be an act, but then that's what Pierce does. He said he has no idea if he will be interrogated again by police about his role in the Burress shooting incident.

"I talked to 'em (once)," he said. "If somebody's a lawyer in the police department, I'd like to know, too."

There must be some rule about how each NFL team must maintain a minimum quota of controversy, because Pierce has definitely picked up his game in this department after the departures of Jeremy Shockey and Michael Strahan.

It wasn't so long ago he ranked as the fifth go-to guy in the locker room, behind players such as Tiki Barber and Burress. Now all the others are gone, and Pierce is more than holding his own.

On the subject of women, Pierce Thursday verbally ogled the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Admittedly, this particular federation of females very nearly demands objectification. But because Pierce is Pierce, he carried the analysis a step too far.

"They got the best cheerleaders in the league," he said. "Six-foot stallions. Six-foot things. Whatever they feed 'em, it's working."

You heard him right. "Six-foot things." Pierce not only goes where he wants to be, he says what he wants to say.

As to Romo, Pierce quipped that the Dallas quarterback is probably faking his injury.

"There's nothing wrong with his pinkie," Pierce said. "He's got the brace on it, just to give the illusion."

That one was fine. Bulletin-board material, maybe. Not an all-points bulletin.

If I were the police, I'd interview Pierce just to find out what he's going to say next. He seems harmless enough, except for that tongue.

fjbondy@netscape.net

Frozen700

Reaction score
who cares...hes a snitch and a punk...hope he does time also

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
First, paragraphs, please? Edit, ah, thanks WG. :)

Second, what a jerk Pierce is. He's always been one, but he's always gotten a pass. Good to see someone in the NY media calling him out.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483942 said:
First, paragraphs, please?

Second, what a jerk Pierce is. He's always been, but he always got a pass. Good to see someone in the NY media calling him out.

Didn't you say we're going to get smashed by the Giants b/c TO has divided our locker room into big strife?

Now you're saying Pierce gave us BB material and we'll smash them instead?

Which is it-you can't have it both ways.

hendog

Reaction score
What a tool. I bet his wife and kids are proud of him.

MrMom

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483942 said:
First, paragraphs, please? Edit, ah, thanks WG. :)

Second, what a jerk Pierce is. He's always been, but he always got a pass. Good to see someone in the NY media calling him out.

For serious. He grates on my nerves the most out of this very annoying group of Giants players. That includes Tiki and Shockey, and any NYG player of recent memory.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MrMom;2483947 said:
For serious. He grates on my nerves the most out of this very annoying group of Giants players. That includes Tiki and Shockey, and any NYG player of recent memory.

Totally agree. Strahan used to be up there, and Jacobs still is. But I think Pierce is the worst.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2483944 said:
Didn't you say we're going to get smashed by the Giants b/c TO has divided our locker room into big strife?

Can you ever post in a thread that's NOT about T.O. and NOT bring him up?

Surprised you didn't spout some random percentage about the members of the Zone.

Srsly, it's annoying.

MrMom

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483944 said:

You can't help but troll CL can you?

Where exactly did he say pierce gave us BB material, and that we'd smash them?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Between Brandon Jacobs and this person, I don't think there is a team in our division who I respect less because of their mouthpieces.

CoCo

Reaction score
That's trash talk on Romo? Bulletin board material?

"Hey Tony did you hear what Pierce said? That your finger is fine? Go show him Tony! Show him its a REAL injury!" :huh:

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2483951 said:

Surprised you didn't spout some random percentage about the members of the Zone.

Srsly, it's annoying.
2/3 of this forum is tired of it.

bigE79

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2483951 said:

Srsly, it's annoying.
:hammer: WG you took the words out of 99% of our mouths...dude is non stop with this ****:star:

superpunk

Reaction score
Brian_C82;2484241 said:
He sounds like the kind of guy who beats his wife.
lol....

He looks like one of those guys....he looks like a mormon...