Any chance we can get Osweiler to be our backup next year?

endersdragon

Reaction score
It sounds like we will have a fair amount of money for free agency, any chance we can get a guy like Osweiler or even Cousins to be our backup if we offered them low-end starter money? I am not seeing a backup in the draft for us, and we clearly need one.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I believe he's going to be Denver's starter next year. I doubt Manning will be back.

Manning will try to be back, Elway will have a decision. One can hope. Cousins would be nice too if the Commanders decide to go in a different direction. I think Bradford could work in a decent system as well. There are a lot of potential players out there, and for a backup the Cowboys situation looks quite promising.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None. With the shortage of starting QBs in the league, he's starting somewhere, if not in Denver.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Okay, if we can't get him, who can we get, because this draft class sucks at QB. Cousins? Bradford? Maybe Tolzien? Maybe Stanton? Outside of that I am not liking what I am seeing :(. Why did Osweiler have to be this good... I liked him as our backup next year even before this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Im surprised Denver didnt try to negotiate a 2006 Tony Romo deal for him. He played very well in preseason the past few years

KB1122

Reaction score
If he's worth keeping then Denver will keep him.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Osweiler will be the starter. Manning will be released and he will try to hook onto a team for a year, but he may not get signed, so he retires instead. Bradford is going to be the starter in Philly, especially if they win the East. He has played better. BOOOO

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sounds like we will have a fair amount of money for free agency, any chance we can get a guy like Osweiler or even Cousins to be our backup if we offered them low-end starter money? I am not seeing a backup in the draft for us, and we clearly need one.

Why would Denver get rid of next years starting QB?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He's the future in Denver, Manning might have 8 games left next season...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

Highly unlikely as he's going to be the Broncos starter.

And Cousins will likely be starting in Washington so, no, you're not going to get him either.