Any Ideas?

rcaldw

Reaction score
Was just wondering if there is something I'm missing, maybe because I'm behind the times in terms of technology, but here is my question.

I have almost all of the Cowboys games from 1990 to 1999 on VHS tape. They take up a LOT of space. I would like to transfer them to a smaller storage system. Obviously DVD would be smaller, but my question is two-fold.

1. Is there an even smaller way to store all that video so that I can watch it when I want?

2. Is there a place that offers that kind of service where it wouldn't cost me my kid's college funds? :)

3. If I do it myself, what would be the best kind of equipment to use?

Thanks for any help

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guys like theebs and stargazer will probably have the best advice on that. You could get a dvd recorder, blank dvds can be bought pretty cheap in bulk. Or you could just put them all on your computer hard drive. There are even media players(including xbox360 and ps3) than can work with the computer to get the video to your television.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
There are methods that convert VHS to digital. EHow has a tutorial on it here..... http://www.ehow.com/how_2065428_hom...ce=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Once they are in digital format, you could copy them all to a large external hard drive. Then watch all of them without the use of disks. Of course you would have a computer connected to your TV as I do. A nice LCD TV would do wonders.

This is how I do it. One of my external Hard Disks is 1.5TB I also have 4 other externals. And tons of internal. I'm guessing I have about 4TB total of disk space.

Hope this helps.