Any Lawyers out there?

utrunner07

Reaction score
I think we all are sick of ESPN and the like spinning the truth and quoting TO out of context, trying to stir up trouble. So, would it be possible for Jerry to sue ESPN for slander or liable? ESPN is definitely endanger his team, any chances, I would love to see him stick it to the ESPN hacks.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Can you imagine the media frenzy if that happened?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
utrunner07;2296885 said:
I think we all are sick of ESPN and the like spinning the truth and quoting TO out of context, trying to stir up trouble. So, would it be possible for Jerry to sue ESPN for slander or liable? ESPN is definitely endanger his team, any chances, I would love to see him stick it to the ESPN hacks.

Stop watching. I watch maybe 20 minutes of ESPN per week***.

***Disclaimer - Unless a NFL game is on.

I think they suck.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
lol, freedom of the press, they are more than allowed to express their opinions and that's all there is to it.

And reactions like this one are exactly why they do it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Actually I have not watched it in a week, but from what I gather on other posts they are still rolling down the same road. As for freedom of the press, they are allowed to express opinions but not skew facts or misrepresent the truth in odred to harm some one or financially benifit themselves. Thats why a lawyer's opinion would be needed. Who cares if it would work or not, I think it would be a great move by Jones.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry has more important things to worry about than gossip. In fact I bet he likes it because they are talking about the Cowboys which means more money for him.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2296915 said:
Actually I have not watched it in a week, but from what I gather on other posts they are still rolling down the same road. As for freedom of the press, they are allowed to express opinions but not skew facts or misrepresent the truth in odred to harm some one or financially benifit themselves. Thats why a lawyer's opinion would be needed. Who cares if it would work or not, I think it would be a great move by Jones.

I think it would benefit ESPN far more.

opinions are just skewed facts anyways

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
utrunner07;2296915 said:

So you're ready to sue ESPN for slander over something you read about that they might have said? Now I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so my opinion does not count for much, but I'd say that's moronic.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2296895 said:
Stop watching. I watch maybe 20 minutes of ESPN per week***.

***Disclaimer - Unless a NFL game is on.

I think they suck.

Same here.

I hear that Trent Dilfer is very good, but I wouldn't know -- I never watch them anymore.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
utrunner07;2296915 said:
Who cares if it would work or not, I think it would be a great move by Jones.

It'd be a terrible move...and would make things worse.