Anybody a Disco Fan?

Passepartout

Reaction score
Really did not like that era but now coming to embrace it. Love ABBA, Bee Gees, and the late great Donna Summer just to name a few. Really people call the decade over in the 1970's with Disco just a fad and cheesy. But at least they have so much to offer it seems. Hope I am not the only one that loves this music.

Hardline

Reaction score
I like KC and the Sunshine band and ABBA. Not typically a fan of the whole genre.
I hate to admit it but my very first concert i ever went to was the Village People. Gloria Gainer opened for them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, loved it and still do. The hate was started by the people who can't dance and didn't want to dress up when they went to a club.

But, I am just fine with those that hated it and still do, it is art. Hell, I feel the same way about most new country and I have friends that live it and love it. I'd rather listen to sex crazed cats tied up in a toe sack.

Disco was actually the door to Electronica, Chill, and House music. Brought a lot of creative artists in with new ideas.

I think what alarmed a lot of people was how quickly Disco took over, I was wondering where in the hell is all of this new music coming from so fast?

Disco also bothered a lot of straight guys because of its origin and popularity with a certain segment of our society.

And some of the best music for the 80's was disco influenced.

Hardline

Reaction score
disco-the-simpsons.gif

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not a fan. When it first came out I listened to it, really couldn't help but listen, was all over the radio and at every club. The "new" sound wore off in about a month....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I liked some of it that had more of the R&B and Funk to it, but seems too much of it had a vanilla pop sound to it.

RS12

Reaction score
No and I forgive Carmine Appice for playing drums on "Do ya think I'm sexy."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the time, kind of. Definitely an interesting time to live in back in those days. I honestly never thought it would take off like it did. Lived a short life and was over just like that. I guess that's why call it a fad.