Anybody Else Irked By It Being Just 6 Points?

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
I agree Mountaineer. There was actually a moment in this game which was either late 3rd quarter or early 4th quarter - can't remember. But, the previous drive, Purdy scored on a QB sneak from the 3-yard line to put them up 27-10. Following the ensuing typical Dak-led drive which stalled immediately, the 49ers got the ball back. They were facing a 3rd down and 1. Rather than run the ball to pick up what should have been an easy 1st down, the 49ers got cute and rolled out Purdy who threw an incomplete pass, afterwards which they punted. I think had they gotten that 1st down, they would have driven down and scored again - and the route would have been on. Instead, the 49ers forgot how to play defense on our next two offensive series leading to two easy TD throws to Lamb, serving only to make the loss more appealing to some.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
6 points allows Jerry, McCarthy, and co to insult everyone’s intelligence and claim pride for the “fight” and “no give up” in the players.

When in reality the game wasn’t anywhere near as close as the final score.

It’s the Ravens game all over again.
Yep. This offense is the worst in the league in terms of in game pressure situations. The only time they can do anything is when the defense switches to prevent.

But as soon as the pressure is back, like the last drive last night, they revert back to playing scared and inept.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
6 points allows Jerry, McCarthy, and co to insult everyone’s intelligence and claim pride for the “fight” and “no give up” in the players.

This is another instance where the stats don't tell the while story.
Yes we tried, yes we didn't give up (though the defense was out on their feet).
The bottom line is that we NEVER looked like being capable of winning that game.
Btw -on offense, we're we missing anyone else other than Rico?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I knew we weren’t going to win when we got the ball back down 6 with 3 minutes left to play. Dak isn’t THAT guy, especially on the road against a playoff caliber defense with good to elite edge rushers. The “comeback” gives Jerry and Company framing to ground their BS rhetoric.

So yeah, I was perturbed.

If it had been a back and forth game where each side was trading blows, I’d feel bad we lost. Given we were literally dominated on offense for the better part of three quarters and managed another comeback similar to the Ravens game to make the score respectable, while not indicating how lopsided the game actually was is annoying. Jerry needs to be flat out embarrassed every game possible if we want him out of the GM role.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone that actually watched the game will know it wasn't close or a tense finish. Probably fair to say that we came closer to beating the Ravens than the 9ers.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Actually the 49er RB tackled himself at the two there at the end for whatever reason. It was gonna be another TD.. but who’s counting? MM of course, close game.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak had his chance again and he failed again. Same thing happened a couple of years ago in the playoffs against them. Plenty of time to win the game and couldn’t get one yard. This contract is Carson Wentz city USA…..

Asklesko

Reaction score
It was a close game at the end. Can't deny it! Our boys fought back hard. We shoulda won it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Actually the 49er RB tackled himself at the two there at the end for whatever reason.
There was a minute left on the clock. It was statistically possible after SF scored a TD for Dallas to score a quick fluke TD, get the onside kick, and and score again to win the game. It’s happened many times before.

By maintaining possession of the ball and not scoring that TD, SF could burn the clock and guarantee the victory. It’s always best to do what gives 100% chance to win

erod

Reaction score
Scores don't mean much these days. Games almost always tighten up.

That was an embarrassment. The QB played like garbage again, and the Niners did the same stupid thing the Ravens did by dropping into prevent.

San Fran is a bad team right now, but they schooled the Cowboys yet again.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score

I told my buddy when the niners made it 20-10, “Kyle Shanahan needs to run up the score the rest of the game and put Coach Mike out of his misery.” Funny how us loyalist fans can all see it but our soulless, gutless owner/Gm/Supreme leader lies to himself and our faces on a daily basis. This team is cooked.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
BTW. Was anyone else also irked by Dak's last two passes? On third and 10 he throws a long pass down the sideline to Turpin only to follow with a low percentage pass to Brooks. Seriously Brooks! Where was CD, Ferguson, or Tolbert? Heck, I would have been fine had he thrown a five yard pass to Zeke on 3rd down to make the 4th down attempt more manageable. Or maybe using his damn legs every once in a while to escape the pocket and pick up some yards. Dak is only 31 and he is less mobile than Brady was at 45.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

happens all the time friend, damn these teams playing prevent defense and making Jerry happy

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BTW. Was anyone else also irked by Dak's last two passes? On third and 10 he throws a long pass down the sideline to Turpin only to follow with a low percentage pass to Brooks. Seriously Brooks! Where was CD, Ferguson, or Tolbert? Heck, I would have been fine had he thrown a five yard pass to Zeke on 3rd down to make the 4th down attempt more manageable. Or maybe using his damn legs every once in a while to escape the pocket and pick up some yards. Dak is only 31 and he is less mobile than Brady was at 45.
is that before or after he takes a 4th down sack!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the team having no running game...56 yards. And still not having a 100 yard rushing yard game this year.
With Dak throwing multiple INTs in Multiple games.
With your top four pass rushers out.
With Bland and Carson and a practice squad guy playing as a starting DB.

It is amazing that were not completely blown out of the water with this game.

Those guys played hard last night.

Now does that mean I want to keep the HC/OC and DC.

Nope.

And most are immune to Jerry's lunacy by now and no better than to believe it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Anyone that actually watched the game will know it wasn't close or a tense finish. Probably fair to say that we came closer to beating the Ravens than the 9ers.
I haven’t watched since the Giants game. This franchise sucks @$$.