Anybody near Brenham?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I'm moving to Texas all the way from Atlanta to play football at Blinn College. Anyone familiar with the area?

There HAS to be a sports bar somewhere around there

Im moving tomorrow

joseephuss

Reaction score
Good luck. Houston and College Station aren't too far away, but I am sure you will find something around Hwy. 36 to habit.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats.

Blinn is right by College Station. So I'm sure there will be plenty of bars and what not.

But it's pretty country in that area. I mean real country. Ranches, horses, cows, etc. The true definition of Texas, supposedly. ;)

You'll have the standard urban stuff, but it will be culture shock from Atl.

Brenham is about 45-1 hr away from Houston, if that much. The major highway for that area is 290. If you take 290E, you'll be coming in on the northwest side of Houston. If you go 290W you'll be heading towards Austin. Which from you will be about 1.5 hr away.

I'm sure u'll be heading to Austin or Houston fairly often.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Muhast said:
I'm moving to Texas all the way from Atlanta to play football at Blinn College. Anyone familiar with the area?

There HAS to be a sports bar somewhere around there

Im moving tomorrow

Well I always stop there on the way to my parents house to eat or if we meet for them to pick up my son to visit. Brehenem is a small town you are about an 1 hour from the 290 area and close to A&M. The down town business ditrict was not much there when I have driven through your best area is around 36 for you local Walmart :lmao: and there is an applebees which has a bar area maybe you best bet up at the 290 west area to head towards Austin is KBOB's never been inside but you can try there as well

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Yea im preparing myself to be bored out of my mind for the first few months. I live(d) like 10 minutes from Atlanta. I've rarely seen a cow here lol. Not much land around the area beside trees on the side of highways.

Thank you for the advice. I'm gonna try each out. And if I can get tickets I'll drive to a Cowboys game IN dallas this upcoming season!

Reaction score
Hope you like this stuff......

bb_vanilla.jpg

and trust me, they'll be PLENTY of cows around!!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
aggie country:laugh2: all they do is drink...