Anybody notice lately????

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
We're getting scary on both sides of the ball and we got a real kicker, this season is gonna rock!!!!!

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Tell that to people in our division.. Which still seem to believe we are basically the same team from last year.. Hm..

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Yeah we did get much better! overall, but look @ the Giants also they got better on Defense and their offense is up there with us. Commanders hmmmm, well they did get alotta players, its just that with them you never know if they'll ''mold'' together.

groverat

Reaction score
Vanderjagt is a huge addition. He's one of the best in NFL history.

T.O. is a recieving threat we haven't had since The Playmaker's prime.

Our offensive line cannot be anything but better than last year. Fasano is a bigger pass-catching threat than Campbell & Polite were.

Carpenter will at least add some grit and depth on a defense getting more acclimated to the 3-4.

There is no reason to think this team can't make things happen in the playoffs.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
i said it before and i will say it again.

the division is a toss up.of course a fan or one of the nfc east teams will say their team will win the division but honestly there is no way to tell who can win this division this year.

i just look forward to us having an exciting season.no predictions coming from me about this division.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We went from a small fast defense to a HUGE fast defense. Take a look at our front line, if we were to line up Montavious Stanley as the starter and Pat Watkins along with Bobby Carpenter.

Spears - around 300 pds
Canty - around 300 pds
Stanley - 315
Ware - 6'4 260ish
James - 6'2 250ish
Ayodele- 6'2 250ish
Carpenter - 6'3 nearly 260
Henry - 6 foot
Newman - 5'11
R.Williams - 6 footer
P.Watkins - 6'4

Compared to 4 years ago

Ellis - 6'6 270ish 2nd stringer in 3-4
Glover - 6'2 280ish nice for 4-3
M.Myers- 6'2 300
E.Ekuban - 6'3 275 2nd stringer
Nguyen- 5'11 238
Coakley - 5'10 231
Mario Edwards - 6'0 NO TALENT
K.Hardy - 6'4 259 great size there
D.Ross - 5'10 197 ZERO TALENT
R.Williams - excellent
D.Woodson- excellent

I would take Hardy Woodson Williams off that squad, and Ellis as backup.

On offense, we've become smaller up front but way more athletic. No more fat guys up front, we're going to get out in the opened space.
Also, we've gotten extremely fast in the WR department with the acquisitions of TO and Skyler Green.

I'm geeked !!

thewivil

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We went from a small fast defense to a HUGE fast defense. Take a look at our front line, if we were to line up Montavious Stanley as the starter and Pat Watkins along with Bobby Carpenter.

Spears - around 300 pds
Canty - around 300 pds
Stanley - 315
Ware - 6'4 260ish
James - 6'2 250ish
Ayodele- 6'2 250ish
Carpenter - 6'3 nearly 260
Henry - 6 foot
Newman - 5'11
R.Williams - 6 footer
P.Watkins - 6'4

Compared to 4 years ago

Ellis - 6'6 270ish 2nd stringer in 3-4
Glover - 6'2 280ish nice for 4-3
M.Myers- 6'2 300
E.Ekuban - 6'3 275 2nd stringer
Nguyen- 5'11 238
Coakley - 5'10 231
Mario Edwards - 6'0 NO TALENT
K.Hardy - 6'4 259 great size there
D.Ross - 5'10 197 ZERO TALENT
R.Williams - excellent
D.Woodson- excellent

I would take Hardy Woodson Williams off that squad, and Ellis as backup.

On offense, we've become smaller up front but way more athletic. No more fat guys up front, we're going to get out in the opened space.
Also, we've gotten extremely fast in the WR department with the acquisitions of TO and Skyler Green.

I'm geeked !!

Derek Ross had talent but didn't have the brains to stay out of trouble.

ghst187

Reaction score
i'm going to hold off getting excited until i see how our OL performs because if it isn't a world better, then we aren't going to be much better overall.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:
We're getting scary on both sides of the ball and we got a real kicker, this season is gonna rock!!!!!
All dependent on an Offensive line that we brought in a back up and a aged vet to secure. Ya'll better pray they are up to the task and no injuries hit the line. If that happens, yea, we will Rock, if it does not happen, we will sink like a rock. I am telling you guys. Our whole problem last year was the Oline, we did very little to bolster that line, praying on Flo coming back and Petetti coming on. Yikes. But we got our splash player, yeah!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
All dependent on an Offensive line that we brought in a back up and a aged vet to secure. Ya'll better pray they are up to the task and no injuries hit the line. If that happens, yea, we will Rock, if it does not happen, we will sink like a rock. I am telling you guys. Our whole problem last year was the Oline, we did very little to bolster that line, praying on Flo coming back and Petetti coming on. Yikes. But we got our splash player, yeah!

what back up did we bring in?last i saw kosier was a starter.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ashwynn said:
I just don't buy that. We went 9-7 and should have been 11-5 possibly 12-4 last year with our crappy line. We will be stronger and better in each OL position this year. Yes that includes LT. In addition Fasano replaces Campbell (another upgrade) and TO replaces Key (yet another upgrade) in our O. We did little to upgrade the line in part because the Cowboy brass didn't think it needed a major overhaul.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I just don't buy that. We went 9-7 and should have been 11-5 possibly 12-4 last year with our crappy line. We will be stronger and better in each OL position this year. Yes that includes LT. In addition Fasano replaces Campbell (another upgrade) and TO replaces Key (yet another upgrade) in our O. We did little to upgrade the line in part because the Cowboy brass didn't think it needed a major overhaul.

Exactly, our lousy kickers cost us 2 games for sure and probably a 3rd as well. We should have been 11-5 at least! Getting Flozell back as well as adding talent in a number of positions should increase our win total this year but nothing will help as much as having a reliable kicker like Vanderjagt.

The NFC East will be a dogfight but I believe we will take the title this season.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:

yeah i agree we did get better overall. i think mike vaderjagt was real big 4 us. hes the kicker that we have been missing in big D for a while now. also T.O is huge man. we are gonna b unstoppable on offense. with whitten streching the offense and T.O deep its over. :star:

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
Yeah we did get much better! overall, but look @ the Giants also they got better on Defense and their offense is up there with us. Commanders hmmmm, well they did get alotta players, its just that with them you never know if they'll ''mold'' together.

Coach Gibbs is in town now. This isn't Norv or Spurrier. They will mold as a unified team or they will be cut/traded, which is doubtful because he targets a particular type of player in terms of toughness, character, and attitude to be a Commander.

lspain1

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
We did little to upgrade the line in part because the Cowboy brass didn't think it needed a major overhaul.

big dog, I think your statement is correct. However, if things had fallen a bit differently, particularly on draft day, I think they would have done more. The Fasano pick will not look good if the OL looks bad again this year. I'm not unhappy with the pick or the off season but the folks upset about the OL have a point. We weren't running the ball well before Flo went down last year. We'll see if things get better.

notherbob

Reaction score
All these new guys are nice to have and I'm glad to see them, but if this team doesn't develop a killer instinct and start putting away some teams instead of letting them hang around and come back, they're not going to be much better.

You can't just get ahead and relax, you gotta put 'em away - the Cowboys haven't done that for a decade.