Anybody trying to watch the game in the UK?

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Channel 5 are driving me mad! Switching between the games - now seems to be set on NY-NO!

Anyone hear if they were staying with the boys til the end of the game?

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
they used to bug me too! But I liked the announcers...

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
Chrissyboy said:
Channel 5 are driving me mad! Switching between the games - now seems to be set on NY-NO!

Anyone hear if they were staying with the boys til the end of the game?
Wow -thought you lot hated our game! I was born in Belfast but raised here - Who's your "Football Club" I'm assuming Chelsea or the Arse'? Life long United supporter here.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Hi Scott!

United! That would make sense - mind you, you live closer to Manchester than the average Utd fan!!!! Always been a Burnley fan myself! Sort of supported Liverpool as a kid too during the glory grabbing years, I guess.

calico

Reaction score
Nice,
I am a dual citizen of the US and UK (half my family is from England). I will be moving out there in Feb for about 5 months, I cannot wait to get back. I planned it around the football season because I remember the pain of trying to find the Cowboys there about 10 years ago.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Cali, Brit parent? They don't do that anymore if both parents are American... At least they said no for my daughter :(.

calico

Reaction score
yeah, my mother is from England (Watford)...my parents met before a Cowboys game while she was a flight attendant on layover in Dallas. She wanted to check out an American football game and met my dad.

I will be going over there for work and to see my family.

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
Chrissyboy said:
Hi Scott!

United! That would make sense - mind you, you live closer to Manchester than the average Utd fan!!!! Always been a Burnley fan myself! Sort of supported Liverpool as a kid too during the glory grabbing years, I guess.
Yeah United are like the Dallas Cowboys - World Wide appeal. Roy Keane and Dennis Irwin are my two all time favs..
Crap 0-0 match V. Liverpool this past week - Keane broke a bone in his foot and will hurt both Eire and United. Glazer has really tightened the purse on purchases and United for the first time in over a decade look depleted of quality depth, especially young lads.

ScottCase

Benched
Reaction score
calico said:
yeah, my mother is from England (Watford)...my parents met before a Cowboys game while she was a flight attendant on layover.

I will be going over there for work and to see my family.
You really want to move back to England? What do you miss most?
Myself - I want nothing to do with NI - the ROI on the other hand is a great place to be these days -Their economy is rolling , thanx to the EU. I have a lot of family in Limerick.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Crikey Scott - we ALL have family from Eire! I'm catholic offspring. Sad to see that Utd and Liverpool both look way off the pace already. Too early, but I'm still going to say it anyway! - Chelsea will run away with the Premiership. MARK MY WORDS!!

Glad to see the bummers are also looking Jaded, spent far too many years watching them bore their way to trophies!

Glad to see that channel 5 have finally switched to the cowboys game. So will now slope off to bed for the night (almost 4am) - have to give an assembly to 150 kids at 9am!

Great chatting to you folks. Hope we don;t throw it away.

Night.