Anybody watching Mavs/Spurs

bobtheflob

Reaction score
This is one of the better games I've seen this year. Josh Howard makes a pretty big difference against the Spurs.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
We're just lying in wait... giving the Mavs false confidence for the playoffs.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I saw it. Pretty disappointing as a Spurs fan. Spurs were always there in the 4th, just couldn't make that one shot to tie it. Not worried much. I doubt Duncan and Parker will be shut out everytime they play the Mavs. I doubt Dirk goes off every game too. Mavs should be worried that they barely beat the Spurs with only Ginobilli as the big three who showed up. Spurs usual D was asleep allowing well over 50% shooting to Mavs. Off night for Spurs. They'll be back.

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
The Spurs also had areas where they performed highly above normal for their team and won't do that again. If it wasn't for all those rebounds early in the game, the Spurs would've been down and out early in the third.

It was a weird game, not really indicative of either team's usual level and style of play.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
The Mavs were without a couple of key players, Adrian Griffen and Devin Harris (not to mention Van Horn who's out for the year). We should be healthier for the playoffs, whereas Duncan won't be any better. Obviously you still have to favor the Spurs, but I would guess the Mavs scare them a little.