Anyone else think Henson or Romo gets traded on Draft Day?

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Just curious.

I gotta feelin' BP is planning to try it if he can...
Henson may still be a possability but I have a feeling if we were going to trade Romo we would have already done so considering we had a 3rd round offer for him during the season.

I don't see how we could get any more value for Romo now than what we were offered previously.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
I was at at least 2 of those games with Gocong playing. He is the real deal.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
As Romo sits home preparing in the US for the 2006 NFL Season, Henson is in NFLEurope driving up his value so we can trade him. If we had wanted to trade Romo, he would have been over there trying to add some value to his name for us instead. I think it says so much that Henson was sent packing. The sad thing is Jerry and Bill have been feeding Henson and his fans false-hope. But then again how can you expect a guy can "turn that corner" just enough for you to get some value out of him if you tell him it's over and there's no hope.

I'll be happy with a 4th or a 5th for Henson. I think we're dreaming if we want anything on Day 1. He's not Romo. Too much hype and too much letdown for anyone to invest a 3rd for him. Though some continued alright play in Europe could drive him up to a couple of second day picks if we're really lucky and Jerry is as good of a salesmen as he thinks. He is pretty good too, I mean just look at the salespitch having already started with the tongue-service he's giving to DH as we speak. Yea sure, Drew, you're the future of this team. ;)

:lmao2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I really don't believe it would happen UNLESS someone offers us something CRAZY good.

lspain1

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are preparing to trade one of the two guys. It is my guess it will be Romo, but I'm not sure of it. It also may not be this year. Romo will not resign with the Cowboys unless he is guaranteed a real shot to compete for the starting job. Barring an injury to Bledsoe he's not likely to get that here.

I thought the Cowboys were unlikley to make a move on these guys until I saw they talked to Harrington. I realized then they were were at least considering the possibility of getting a veteran backup in the place of one of the young guys.

sago1

Reaction score
Actually it's more likely we try to trade Romo since he in last year of his 2 year contract (his second 2 year contract with us); I doubt he would even consider resigning with us after 06 since he hasn't really seen any regular season game experience in 3 years--unless we pay him a lot more then $1M yearly we currently give him or there no other NFL interest in him. Since Payton not exactly happy with his 2 backup QBs, maybe we could get a 5th (it would be a gift if they gave us a 4th) from NO.

Henson's trade value probably better then before he went to NFLE but realistically best we could hope for is a conditional late 2nd day pick in 07 draft.

In any case if we interested in drafting a QB, either Romo or Henson has to go cause I really can't believe we'd keep 4 QBs--not with us having to add another kicker since Vanderjagt can only do FGs & PATs.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
To trade Romo, it will be in an attempt to move up in the draft i think. So if Houston don't take Bush, we might not be able to move up to where we want. The realistic shot at moving up is if the saints move down, which they wont do if they can pick bush at 2. I am thinking the saints move down to 7 or 8 then trade down even further with us moving up to 7 or 8 with a package deal of Romo, #18, our fifth this year and 2nd or 3rd next year. If Huff is still around at 7 and the saints have moved down to there, it could happen. But i dont expect any of that to happen.

lspain1

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Henson's trade value probably better then before he went to NFLE but realistically best we could hope for is a conditional late 2nd day pick in 07 draft.

Sago, you really think this is true? I think NFLE has actually showed Henson's potential off pretty well. I'm comparing his Europe performance to Hutchinson and Henson has done so much better. Hutch went on to be seriously considered as the starter for the Bears (OK it was just the Bears, but still).

I'm not strongly for or against Henson, but I think his stock has definitely risen during his time in Europe so far.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dallas has some thoughts about drafting a QB I could see us trading Romo

superpunk

Reaction score
What precedent is there for these player/pick draft day trades?

Cuz I know of none.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:

Cuz I know of none.

Not sure but days leading up to the draft I think you will find where teams will be looking to make deals.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Anyone else think Henson or Romo gets traded on Draft Day?
I thought we were trading Romo for the 2nd overall pick. :lmao:

Honestly I doubt we trade either one unless we get an offer that really blows us out of the water. I just don't see that happening. While it sounds great to trade one and get an extra pick, it also creates another spot that needs filled. Then we want to draft another unproved QB or sign a vet that gets cut in preseason. I'd rather just keep both players.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
So you're not a Cowboy fan?

I'll never understand why Reality has allowed trolls and Commander fans to dominate this board the way they do now.

Why is it that when someone has an opinion that's different from yours, they're automatically not a Cowboy fan? Not that I'm agreeing with Zippy, I just think it's ridiculous that people can't come on here and give their honest opinion without some nucklehead saying "oh, so you're not a Cowboy fan?"

Does any negative comment on the team automatically mean that person is not a Cowboys fan? Tell me, what were your thoughts when JJ fired Tom Landry? How about when he let Jimmy go? What about when Deion was brought in? Any negative thoughts about Irvin getting caught in a motel with cocaine and prostitutes? How about Big Nate Newton and his 600 pounds of marijuana?

Oh wait, I guess I'm not a Boys fan because I brought up some negative moments in the team's history.

Get off the board tard.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk said:

Cuz I know of none.

I believe Steve Young was traded to San Francisco on draft day.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I believe Steve Young was traded to San Francisco on draft day.

The trade date is April 24, 1987....so that's feasible.

Romo=Young.

MOXIE!!!!!